Register Now
kingpotato

"PlayStation Infinite", Confirmed as Plus Essential, Extra, Premium and Deluxe -June 2022

The Playstation answer to Xbox's gamepass has been leaked, PlayStation Infinite. Not sure if the sources are true. Suposedly playstation uploaded the information to their main web page and then removed it right away. Image is not oficial, its only based on the supposed leaks

FB_IMG_1643329118817.jpg

Moderator Edit: New information posted further in the thread. Re-posted here for convivence. Credit to @kingpotato

So yeah its finally out after many months of waiting and rumors. So basically its going to be 3 tiers:

-Plus Essential: Which is pretty much the same price and service of the current PS Plus service, Monthly games, Online gaming and discounts Price 9.99 monthly 39.99 Yearly USA

-Plus Extra : (This is the one that I liked the most ) Same features as before but this one includes over 400 games from PS4 and PS5 that can be downloaded , Price 14.99 Monthly 99.99 Yearly

-Plus Premium: Adds the same features as before and this one is basically the combination of PS Now and Ps Plus and will have access to cloud gaming so you can play PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 games but only through streaming. Now this service still only applies to the same countries were PS Now was available before so this service will not be available to all countries due to the quality of internet service Price 17.99 Monthly Yearly 119.99

-Plus Deluxe: This is the one for me xD This service is only for markets were cloud gaming or streaming is not that all possible, like Latin america and other countries. Essentally it will have the same features as Plus premium except for cloud gaming , there will be a small selection of games to download from PS1, PS2 and PSP (so no ps3 games😢) and of course it will be cheaper. I dont know the price in other countries but at least here in Latin america it will be 11.99 monthly and 76.99 yearly

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

Edited by Shagger
Thread Merge and Official Announcement Prompted Title Change

So I'm going to presume that all current PS Plus members will get put into the second tier. It will be interesting to see what old games are made available to tier 3 members because at the moment, nothing on that list that is a bonus makes me want to upgrade to that tier.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm just wondering if some of the tricks from older games will still be doable. Like the 99 luck in Castlevania SOTN, and the skip past Death to keep all your Alucard items.

They'll likely just port the games - I doubt they'll fix the minor glitches and bugs especially the beneficial ones.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:26 AM, kingpotato said:

The Playstation answer to Xbox's gamepass has been leaked, PlayStation Infinite. Not sure if the sources are true. Suposedly playstation uploaded the information to their main web page and then removed it right away. Image is not oficial, its only based on the supposed leaks

FB_IMG_1643329118817.jpg

Is this the same thing as PS Now? 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Its a new service, a combination of Ps Plus and PS now

Wow, that's super interesting. It's most likely going to beat the single service of Gamepass from the look of things. Playstation is really upping their game. 

On 1/28/2022 at 1:26 AM, kingpotato said:

FB_IMG_1643329118817.jpg

This is the dream of all gamers who play on Playstation because Xbox have really given much to their users for a very long time now with their Gamepass services. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:16 PM, skyfire said:

Noticed like microsoft they are not giving away much like free games, even EPIC is giving away but they are not.

Well microsoft does give out free games every month, at least 4 games free each month if you have the gold subscription and the neat part is that you can keep the games even if you are no longer paying for the service

On 2/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, killamch89 said:

They'll likely just port the games - I doubt they'll fix the minor glitches and bugs especially the beneficial ones.

Hopefully they will do a decent port of ps1 games, not like Nintendo and their poor port of Ocarina of time on Switch

22 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well microsoft does give out free games every month, at least 4 games free each month if you have the gold subscription and the neat part is that you can keep the games even if you are no longer paying for the service

Yeah, it's part of the reason why some gamers stuck with them for a while because of how good their services have been so far.