Register Now
kingpotato

"PlayStation Infinite", Confirmed as Plus Essential, Extra, Premium and Deluxe -June 2022

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

@kingpotato I've merged the threads and edited the title of the original post to show a more "up-to-date" title. I also copied what was the opening post of the thread into it so that all the information is available on the opening post. Let me know if you're happy with the changes and inform me of any amendments you wish to make.

@Heatman is is necessary to change the thread title and anyone who does an internet search for forum thread detailing "Plus Essential", for example, will be directed to the correct thread. A thread title also forum the thread's URL, so it has to be accurate. Good advice for everyone, put thought into the title of any threads you start.

Thank you but I still dont think it was a good idea, people here tend to reply to the last comment rather than the original post, so if the thread has over 100 replies like this one they will never bother to check the original post. I know its more convenient to have a single thread but unfortunately the community here doesnt work that way.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

The reason why I made a new thread is because this original one already has a whole bunch of unrelated comments and I felt that if I added a new comment with the updated information this would get lost in the comments. So thats why I decided to start a new thread alltoguether. I had prefer that you had lock this thread instead and allow the new one to continue

I understand that. Sadly there has been so much of that going that most of the long running threads have been affected, mostly down to same group of people using the fourm like a text chain. I don't know if you are aware, but we are looking into a solution. Check out this thread for the most up to date information, but the answer is not to just lock all these threads and replace, not until we have an actual answer to the problem because it will likely just happen again.

Just now, Shagger said:

I understand that. Sadly there has been so much of that going that most of the long running threads have been affected, mostly down to same group of people using the fourm like a text chain. I don't know if you are aware, but we are looking into a solution. Check out this thread for the most up to date information, but the answer is not to just lock all these threads and replace, not until we have an actual answer to the problem because it will likely just happen again.

Yes I saw it Im barely catching up this morning since I was not active for the past 2 days. Yeah thats reason why I created a new thread since in my opinion this thread is no longer worth making comments on since it has been derailed from the main topic.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

As far can tell all their really doing is merging the current PS+ and PSNow services.  Tier one is just PS+, tier 2 is PSNow and tier 3 is PSNow with streaming of older generation games included.

Yep pretty much, I think the most popular tier will probably be Tier2 thats probably the one I will get. The only downside and I was kinda expecting that is that Tier3 streaming services will not be available for the rest of the wolrd so we will miss out on a lot of ps3 games, Its a bummer that the ps3 was such a complicated system and therefore makes native emulation almost imposible 

I am so confused about this post. It says Xbox but then there is a PlayStation Infinite? Aren't those two competitors? In what way would they be related to one another? Is that possible or was this made to really connect the two of them because that would really be amazing.

8 hours ago, williamserna said:

I am so confused about this post. It says Xbox but then there is a PlayStation Infinite? Aren't those two competitors? In what way would they be related to one another? Is that possible or was this made to really connect the two of them because that would really be amazing.

What I was trying to say is that this new service is Playstation's answer to Xbox's Gamepass. Basically Xbox already has a service called Gamepass and Playstation will be releasing this new service to compete against Xbox's game pass

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

****UPDATE*****

Sony is finally giving us a date as to when the service is releasing.

-Asia (except Japan) scheduled May 23
-Japan June 1st
-America June 13 (Im not sure if this includes latin america)
-Europe June 22

Wow, that's an excellent news. At least PS gamers have a time to look up to in wait for the service. 

Then, the rest of the other parts of the world should go and sleep for now 😂

On 4/22/2022 at 6:56 PM, Heatman said:

Wow, that's an excellent news. At least PS gamers have a time to look up to in wait for the service. 

Then, the rest of the other parts of the world should go and sleep for now 😂

At least, they have started out from somewhere and with time, they are  going to make the services available in most parts of the world which would mean good business for them. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

At least, they have started out from somewhere and with time, they are  going to make the services available in most parts of the world which would mean good business for them. 

Yeah, you're very correct. It's the only good thing about their update on that. I'll keep an eye out to know when it gets to here. 

A list of ps5, ps4, ps3 , ps2, psp and ps1 games have been released, its not the full list yet since we are expecting to see around 400 games when the service is released, but this will give us an idea as to what we are getting. So far so good I have to admit, not a bad list of games, also one thing that I heard about playstation is that if you already own any of digital games from your old psp account you will be able to play them on your ps4 or ps5 at no extra cost without the need of a subscription.

You can check the list of games on the Playstation blog page:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

A list of ps5, ps4, ps3 , ps2, psp and ps1 games have been released, its not the full list yet since we are expecting to see around 400 games when the service is released, but this will give us an idea as to what we are getting. So far so good I have to admit, not a bad list of games, also one thing that I heard about playstation is that if you already own any of digital games from your old psp account you will be able to play them on your ps4 or ps5 at no extra cost without the need of a subscription.

You can check the list of games on the Playstation blog page:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

With Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut and Bloodborne there, I can't say that I'm surprised at all. PS gamers would fume hell if they were left out. 

On 3/29/2022 at 9:32 AM, Shagger said:

Trust me - it also gets on my nerves having to read through all the responses as well. I don't mind discussing stuff but recycling the same info over and over gets annoying really quick.