Register Now
tdbnz

Favourite PlayStation 2 games?

We love katamari is probably the best PS2 game. Sakura Wars ranks near the top for me too. It's like Japan's love letter to the west and it's every bit as weird as what you'd think. As for anything else, I think everything has sorta been covered.

Also into James Bond old PS2 games, I remember that I have not got an save slot card and had to redo the game each time Xd 

On 3/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, kingpotato said:

My top 10 back in the day were:

-GTA San Andreas
-God of War 1 and 2
-Need for Speed Underground 2
-SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom
-Smack Down vs Raw 2009
-Shadow of the Collosus
-Guita Hero 3
-Burnout Takedown 3
-Devil May Cry 3 (Sweat and tears went into this one)

Totally forgot about Burnout as well as Smack Down vs Raw. 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:07 AM, Patrik said:

PS2 (console) Exclusives that i like :

Jet Li Rise to Honor 

Justice League Heroes

God of war 

Disney Pixar UP

Call of Duty 3

GTA Vice City/ Liberty City stories 

Jet-Li Rise to Honor is one of the few beat em' up games I played a lot on the PS2.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Totally forgot about Burnout as well as Smack Down vs Raw. 

Jet-Li Rise to Honor is one of the few beat em' up games I played a lot on the PS2.

Burnout is definitely among the great releases on PS2, I wouldn't say much about the Smack Down vs Raw. I have never been a fan of wrestling games. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I will say, PES 2013 was my best PS2 back in the days. I played more of PES series than any other video game on PS2. Reason is because: PES is more comfortable and enjoyable for double players. 

Football is always a game enjoyed by multi player. Playing it alone is never fun as far as I'm concerned. It's not worth the time. 

But I'm enjoying mine all alone, without sharing with anyone else. Not that I wouldn't enjoy with anyone, but I don't have any one around me, just staying more of indoor life. 

During PS2 era, I disliked EA FIFA, it was sub-standard, I love PES then, more than FIFA. I love GTA San Andreas as a second choice, MK as third, those are my favorites as at then when PS2 was all for me. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Football is always a game enjoyed by multi player. Playing it alone is never fun as far as I'm concerned. It's not worth the time. 

That's how it should be, I love sharing with my fellow gamers and not playing with AI opponents all the time. When you play with fellow gamers, it will give you the insight if you're a pro or not. 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:04 PM, Justin11 said:

That's how it should be, I love sharing with my fellow gamers and not playing with AI opponents all the time. When you play with fellow gamers, it will give you the insight if you're a pro or not. 

I wish the Top Eleven Football Manager which is only the major football manager game I'm playing now would come in Playstation. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

I wish the Top Eleven Football Manager which is only the major football manager game I'm playing now would come in Playstation. 

You should write to the company to develop it more advanced and compatible to console quality, to run in PS4, Xbox one, series X/S and PS5 too. 

All of my PS2 favorites have been ported to PS4 by now, with the sole exception of Code Veronica X (which will likely get a remake after they're done with RE4) and SoulCalibur 3. I'm still hoping for a remaster of SoulCalibur 3, the sheer amount of single-player modes that game had is staggering.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:38 PM, Justin11 said:

You should write to the company to develop it more advanced and compatible to console quality, to run in PS4, Xbox one, series X/S and PS5 too. 

It's only time that's going to tell if they would decide to make the game to be played on consoles. If that happens, I'm going to be very happy about it. Although, having it on PS2 is completely out of the question. 

I still miss playing Jet Li Rise to Honor  on my PS2.