Register Now
tdbnz

Do you own a PlayStation 5?

I don't own one, but I will say that 7 years is a realistic time frame to hopefully get one. At some point within that time, they should be more readily available. The price should have gone down too. We have an Xbox Series S. We're wanting a Series X for the disc drive, but got the Series S because we were lucky enough to find one on the shelves.

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a pre-order from Amazon so I was able to have one since the launch date in the UK. I love mine so I'm pretty happy that I pre-ordered it and got it early. It's actually quite surprising that I managed to get a pre-order really but I guess people were less likely to try for one that early.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:52 AM, Knight Barida said:

It's sad that Sony are not rolling out more Ps5 to the market at the moment and that is quite frustrating to majority of us that have preordered. 

To be fair to them, it's a problem with getting the parts for the PlayStation 5 and having the ability to build more as quickly as possible. I'm sure once these problems are sorted out, Sony and Microsoft will be pushing for more consoles to be put on shelves and available to purchase online.

9 minutes ago, Darth said:

To be fair to them, it's a problem with getting the parts for the PlayStation 5 and having the ability to build more as quickly as possible. I'm sure once these problems are sorted out, Sony and Microsoft will be pushing for more consoles to be put on shelves and available to purchase online.

This semi-conductor shortage is long reaching nightmare. I was at a job interview this past week with an engineering firm that manufactures refuse and recycling collection vehicles. OK, dumpster trucks and bin lorries, but this place was struggling to acquire components to meet orders for the same reason games consoles and PC component manufactures are struggling.

Yeah, it's quite fascinating to see how many companies and industries are affected by it. Since I only bought my used car in late 2020, it's funny to see that it's actually worth a bit more now because people are struggling to get their hands on new cars.