Register Now
tdbnz

Do you own a PlayStation 5?

On 8/30/2022 at 12:19 AM, Ajibusu said:

Unfortunately, I don't own a Playstation 5 because I used the money I set aside months ago to handle an emergency medical situation. I play at my friend's place and I must confess that it is one of the best consoles ever made by Sony. 

We can't compromise our health for anything whatsoever in the world and not even for a Playstation 5. It's when you're alive and healthy that you can actually play on the PlayStation 5. 

Your health comes first, as you can always save up and buy the console whenever you can. 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:18 PM, Darth said:

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a pre-order from Amazon so I was able to have one since the launch date in the UK. I love mine so I'm pretty happy that I pre-ordered it and got it early. It's actually quite surprising that I managed to get a pre-order really but I guess people were less likely to try for one that early.

I must say that acting fast helped you at that point. I never thought about making a pre order and that ruined everything for me in terms of owning a Playstation 5. I am yet to get my hands on one and look forward to the point where I can make more money to try getting it.

Nope, I've never owned a PS5 and have no plans on getting one...
that could change in the future if it was up to fate or chance for me to actually own one.

like if a friend sold it to me at a discount for example. 😉

that asides, I don't think I want one. I'm sticking to PCs.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:43 AM, Justin11 said:

PS5 might be scarce, but I've seen lots of people here in my locality selling it's fairly used version, which is close to $1,000 in price around $900 for PS5. Check the link below to see one of them listed at jiji.ng:

Jiji.ng/PS5

That's very expensive for a console, even for a second hand... 😫

do you live in the African continent, my dude? I'm just basing it off the website. 😀

cost wise i simply can't afford a PS5 and honestly idk that i even desire one. i'm pretty content with my nintendo switches. they fit my needs. i had a PS & a PS2. never got beyond that. i find it interesting that handheld consoles seem to be better at longer playtime than the tabletop consoles. i've burnt up all 3 of the ones i had because i played too much. so i'm reluctant to go back to that. call me crazy. lol!

51 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

that could change in the future if it was up to fate or chance for me to actually own one.

do you live in the African continent, my dude? I'm just basing it off the website. 😀

I don't understand why people call consoles "too expensive" when they same people say they will play on PC, which is significantly more expensive.

And before anyone says it, no, the gaming PC serving as a utility as well as a gaming device argument doesn't work ether as the components you need to make a gaming PC a gaming PC are not necessary in a simple, utility computer, and it's in those comments that all cost for a gaming PC comes from. You can buy a PS5 and a cheap laptop to cover both the utility PC needs and your gaming needs and still have spend less than half what it would cost to build a gaming PC that matches the performance of a PS5. It's not like I'm white knighting here for consoles, I am a PC gamer, but I'm also honest and the PC as a gaming platform is expensive. Can it be worth it? Yes, not to everyone, largely because the install price is so high. It's not like PC games are that cheap compared to consoles now, especially when you consider you can't loan, trade and buy second hand games on PC like you can with consoles.

So sorry, @Gonassis, I disagree. The cost of consoles argument doesn't hold weight me when comes from a PC gamer. It's totally get how you might not see a games console as being a worthwhile investment for you because you a gaming PC, that's fair, but there's a difference between cost and value. Value is something judged and gauged by the individual, so the value of something is determined by your own self and nobody can argue with it, but cost a simple, straight up fact. That fact is the PC costs more, it just does. Unless you can show me a PC or PC build that matches the capabilities of a games console for same price, that will remain as a fact.

Edited by Shagger

PS5's are going for anywhere from $500 on up here. i'm not spending $500 or more on another console ever again. especially if they're only gonna support something for X amount of years and then pull the plug and leave me with a machine i can no longer use and games i can no longer play. this is an expensive hobby to have and it ticks me off that they make us waste money on something so they can sell more crap. 

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I don't understand why people call consoles "too expensive" when they same people say they will play on PC, which is significantly more expensive.

And before anyone says it, no, the gaming PC serving as a utility as well as a gaming device argument doesn't work ether a the comments you need to make a gaming PC a gaming PC are are not necessary in a simple, utility computer, and it's in those comments that all cost for a gaming PC comes from. You can buy a PS5 and a cheap laptop to cover both the utility PC needs and your gaming need and still have spend less than half what it would cost to build a gaming PC that matches the performance of a PS5. It's not like I'm white knighting here for consoles, I am a PC gamer, but I'm also honest and the PC as a gaming platform is expensive. Can it be worth it? Yes, not to everyone, largely because the install price is so high. It's not like PC games are that cheap compared to consoles now, especially when you consider you can't loan, trade and buy second hand games on PC like you can with consoles.

So sorry, @Gonassis, I disagree. The cost of consoles argument doesn't hold weight me when comes from a PC gamer. It's totally fair to not see a games console as being a worthwhile investment for you because you a gaming PC, that's fair, but there's a difference between cost and value. Value is something judged and gained by the individual, so the value of something is determined by your own self and nobody can argue with it, but cost a simple, straight up fact. That fact is the PC costs more, it just does. Unless you can show me a PC or PC build that matches the capabilities of a games console for same price, that will remain as a fact.

Well, those are all completely valid points @Shagger 👍

I was quoting the post selling second hand PS5's at a higher price than original sold for price. 😁

but anyway, yeah, it's totally up to preference for people on what they want, and I'm not really the type to bash other people on how, and where they want to play their games to enjoy "Playing" and have fun.

after all that's what we all play game for. (or at least that's what I think, if anyone plays for work or a career, well, I have nothing to do with  it lol.

As for gaming PCs. I'm still far from attaining my "ultimate" dream gaming PC, as I'm still climbing that ladder, but I agree that with consoles, you have uniformity like the iPhones, that means that if it works on one, it will consistently work across all models of the same type because they've been optimized for the hardware. 😉👍

also I wonder what the future has in store when it comes to gaming hardware, maybe the line will be blurrier in the future when it comes to gaming "devices" 😋

7 hours ago, Gonassis said:

Yes, I live in Africa continent, and to be frank, things are hyper expensive when it comes to the products sold my users at Jiji.ng. At times they use price of items to scare you, and if you aren't careful, you end up paying double. 

On 9/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, runswithspatulas said:

PS5's are going for anywhere from $500 on up here. i'm not spending $500 or more on another console ever again. especially if they're only gonna support something for X amount of years and then pull the plug and leave me with a machine i can no longer use and games i can no longer play. this is an expensive hobby to have and it ticks me off that they make us waste money on something so they can sell more crap. 

Have you bought a gaming PC recently? If no, then I understand your thinking about how expensive gaming consoles are. I had a rethink after checking out the cost of most of the gaming PC and think consoles are way more better in terms of price comparison. 

8 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Have you bought a gaming PC recently? If no, then I understand your thinking about how expensive gaming consoles are. I had a rethink after checking out the cost of most of the gaming PC and think consoles are way more better in terms of price comparison. 

I bought one a couple years ago. It cost me $1200 on sale and it's now decoration. I won't ever buy another gaming pc again. It was a gaming laptop. It sucks. And Microsoft has totally screwed it up with the updates and the thing can't handle the games. 

You have to understand...I don't earn much money. So for me $500 is a helluva lot to spend on something I may not be able to use 10 yrs from now. 

2 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

I bought one a couple years ago. It cost me $1200 on sale and it's now decoration. I won't ever buy another gaming pc again. It was a gaming laptop. It sucks. And Microsoft has totally screwed it up with the updates and the thing can't handle the games. 

You have to understand...I don't earn much money. So for me $500 is a helluva lot to spend on something I may not be able to use 10 yrs from now. 

That's strange. My gaming laptop is a similar age with a similar price and it's handling everything I throw at it just fine. Can you recall the model and/or specks of it?

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, runswithspatulas said:

If I spent $500 and got 10 years use out of it I would consider that money well spent!

But yeah, as @Shaggersaid a $1200 gaming laptop 2 years old shouldn't be redundant by know unless it's has something wrong with it.

8 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

oh it has something wrong with it alright. it can't run anything game wise except candy crush.

If the laptop is otherwise working fine outside gaming their maybe a solution but we need more details.  One probability could be that the laptop deflating to run off the CPU internal graphics instead of the discrete GPU which would explain the poor game performance.  I maybe a power setting that isn't allowing the GPU to pull the power that it needs.  Could be issues with the graphics drivers or the GPU itself.  Windows updates just don't suddenly stop GPU's from working.

The first thing I wold like you to is type dxdiag into the search bar and take screenshots of the system and display Tab(s), they should look something like this:

424715617_Screenshot2022-09-08143651.png.a0be9b010a7625796a01b93591d202ce.png

204395528_Screenshot2022-09-08143814.png.da192624f2a1c76ad8241d708415d3ef.png

500137125_Screenshot2022-09-08143757.png.45b021669d7433fc2e42882b454dcb25.png

That will give us a start.

Edited by Crazycrab