Register Now
StormyFire

Gaming on Mac

I don't, but i know you can play some games on there. I think Steam helps make it easier for people to play a lot of games. But I also heard that Steam or some other game distributors are looking to remove Mac and Linux support. But I don't know if that's true. 

You can make games on mac but as a game platform, it's too expensive and often not worth it. Like something goes damaged you are in line to spend more bucks than you can handle. There are people who do take that risk but if I had apple level money I'd invest in MSI and ASUS's expensive machines and get it damaged and yet not expensive repairs.

From what I know, the vast majority of games are designed for PC, and thus aren't compatible with a Mac. I've use a Mac in school in the past, and they were the most worthless version of a computing system (second only to dell), even though by definition, they're not a computer. Something Steve Jobs came up with to separate them from Microsoft or something. I don't remember the details. But either way, while PC and Mac are on the same path, it's like comparing a motorcycle to a truck. They do the same basic thing, but are hugely different. And often one is thousands of dollars more expensive than the other.

A lot of games are designed on Mac, especially the android ones which are ported to all devices. the high graphics config and support for most graphics engines on mac makes it possible. But at the end, nobody wants to burn their money and use the mac as a gaming machine, it's really not worth it.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:28 AM, skyfire said:

A lot of games are designed on Mac, especially the android ones which are ported to all devices. the high graphics config and support for most graphics engines on mac makes it possible. But at the end, nobody wants to burn their money and use the mac as a gaming machine, it's really not worth it.

I agree - Macs do tend to be quite expensive and really expensive to repair. Plus the number of games are more limited so most people wouldn't buy it for that.

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't feel comfortable playing video games on Mac book device. I love playing with a gaming compatible device to feel comfortable while playing. 

Yes it's like buying expensive car and then trying race in the mountains. one bad move and the device is done for along with expensive maintenance.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, skyfire said:

Yes it's like buying expensive car and then trying race in the mountains. one bad move and the device is done for along with expensive maintenance.

Nice illustration, that I wouldn't try buddy. When I am playing, I'll only stick to the gaming device that is comfortable for me to handle. 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:00 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Nice illustration, that I wouldn't try buddy. When I am playing, I'll only stick to the gaming device that is comfortable for me to handle. 

Yes for me financial damage that device can cause is something I do keep in mind as well.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:06 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't feel comfortable playing video games on Mac book device. I love playing with a gaming compatible device to feel comfortable while playing. 

The thing is that the build up for Mac is not meant for heavy gaming. You will always get the device worked out and having one issue or another. No gamer will want that kind of frustration. 

2 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

The thing is that the build up for Mac is not meant for heavy gaming. You will always get the device worked out and having one issue or another. No gamer will want that kind of frustration. 

Yeah, and the seize is much, not something I can carry with ease. If I carry it for long, it will definitely feel heavy and I'll quickly get tired of playing. I playing with a flexible mobile phone device or a console that is relaxing independently. 

3 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, and the seize is much, not something I can carry with ease. If I carry it for long, it will definitely feel heavy and I'll quickly get tired of playing. I playing with a flexible mobile phone device or a console that is relaxing independently. 

Assuming the device (Mac) can survive the rigours that comes from gaming, I won't mind carrying it anywhere I go.