Register Now
StormyFire

Origin

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

Origin is to EA what what Steam is to Valve, their own indigenous PC Game store and launcher.

You forgot to add that it's buggy at times and is prone to locking up at random times for no good reason. I use mine to play NFS: heat and every now and then it locks up on me and when I contact EA (why do I even bother when I already know what they'll say), it's usually some generic message which doesn't really help so I have search Reddit for somewhat of a solution.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think the lot of old games continue to have the old dashboards and the platforms installs in them. So any new name changes happen they don't reflect in already released games installs.

I'm sorry - I don't quite get what you mean. Could you clarify?

Origin, or EA Desktop is just another game launcher we have to deal with. We have too many launchers now. I hate that every company has to make their own game launcher now. Or even game downloading service. Soon enough, each company will just sell their own games on their own sites, defeating the point of Origin to begin with. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Origin, or EA Desktop is just another game launcher we have to deal with. We have too many launchers now. I hate that every company has to make their own game launcher now. Or even game downloading service. Soon enough, each company will just sell their own games on their own sites, defeating the point of Origin to begin with. 

Yeah - it also annoys the hell out of me. I even had to make a folder just for  the shortcut to all these flipping launchers because they were taking up my home screen.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:18 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm sorry - I don't quite get what you mean. Could you clarify?

A lot of games I remember used to release their own dashboard like the origin is. in the times of CD and DVD those became part of installers but not necessarily those are active these days. that's what I meant.