Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with surprisingly long DLCs

9 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Table Top Racing technically has long DLC in that it drags out its maps and use of the newly introduced vehicles, but strangely that's the only one I can think of that isn't open world (which today is basically begging for drawn out content). The last time I was surprised by the length of a DLC besides TTR's was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, though come to think of it Ubisoft tend to have DLC that outstays its welcome.

It's a toughie though; either make something that feels like you're not getting your £15's worth out of it, or make something that gets boring to justify that £15 just in case.

An unpopular opinion I realise but I personally didn't think too much of it; it's Skyrim's answer to Oblivion's Shivering Isles but toned down in each regard. It's more Skyrim for those who want it and a decent enough trip down Memory Lane to Morrowind fans, and maybe that's why it did nothing to me. I'd take the other two DLCs, particularly Hearthfire, any day.

Hearthfire is miles better ahead of  Dragonborn DLC. Aside the length of the game, I can't pick out easily what made it better than Hearthfire. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Although, in most cases, it's only few video games developers that have time to make an outstanding DLC. All of them are practically lazy at it now. 

It's the downside which most DLC is having now, all thanks to how lazy these developers have become over the years all because of being more focused on money. Take a look at how long it's been for Capcom to work out RE 8 DLC. 

Since Capcom isn't ready with even announcing anything about the Resident Evil 8 much awaited DLC, there is nothing we can do about it but wait for it. The most important thing for me is let the wait be worth it when they eventually release it. 

The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned (also known as Episodes from Liberty City) DLC's from GTA IV, you see the storyline of the main game from different aspects when playing them and they are quite long (not longer than the main storyline for sure)

8 hours ago, Patrik said:

The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned (also known as Episodes from Liberty City) DLC's from GTA IV, you see the storyline of the main game from different aspects when playing them and they are quite long (not longer than the main storyline for sure)

Would it be a wise decision if the DLC's were longer than the main story? I don't think it's the right call. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that The Frozen Wilds DLC in Horizon Zero Dawn is reasonably long in its own way. It's about 15 hours of gameplay. 

Horizon Zero Dawn was an incredible game with all the thrills it came with. The world is awesome, so the DLC being that way was expected for me. 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, Boblee said:

Horizon Zero Dawn was an incredible game with all the thrills it came with. The world is awesome, so the DLC being that way was expected for me. 

I never expected the DLC of the game to be that long, looking at how the main gameplay lasted but they did something nice with the DLC and I was very happy about that. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Another good long DLC that I enjoyed playing is Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. It's about 19 hours long, although to some they would say it's not too long. 

It took me 5 days to complete the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction DLC and it was worth every moment I spent on it. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

I don't usually like to rush playing any of my games including DLC's. I think that it took me about a month to finish it. 

I don't even think that 5 days is too quick to be considered my rushing the DLC. It's just 19 hours long, so 5 days is good enough for me. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:37 PM, Boblee said:

Then it's a matter of individual perception on what's long and what's not long. There is no need arguing it because we wouldn't have an agreement on it. 

I'm happy that you know how to respect another's opinion on something like this because there some that's going to try and impose their opinion on you.