Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are most of the games you play large or small releases?

The majority are large releases. I don't really play any Indie games because I have a good selection of games that I like to play and those are the ones that I tend to stick to. Games like Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, Red Dead Redemption etc.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:47 AM, killamch89 said:

For me, it's a mixture although I'd have to go with the large releases. I do play a few indie games but I mainly stick to games like Skyrim SE, GTA online, Rocket League, Need For Speed and few others.

As long as the game is a very satisfying one to play and have fun with, it doesn't matter for me if it's a large or small releases. 

Standard HDD prices have been going down. It's just how things are going to be, need to adapt to bigger and bigger file sizes, back in the day games games used to be a few KB's, then a few MB, then GB, just how technology is.

But then again some games that comes out are small then others are way to big 😛  End of the day I have 6TB storge andalways remove games that you won't play again 😜 free up space

Lately, mostly small scale, indie games. Like Unpacking, Two Point Hospital, and a few others I'm forgetting. I got RDR2 recently on steam, but haven't got back into it yet. Need to do that soon. But yeah, these days with gamepass, I tend to find mostly indie games or smaller titles to play. 

On 1/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you find most of the games you play are little indie releases, or big AAA games?

When I'm playing for a short term goals and satisfaction, small releases is definitely going to be the best bet for me. 

19 hours ago, Empire said:

Standard HDD prices have been going down. It's just how things are going to be, need to adapt to bigger and bigger file sizes, back in the day games games used to be a few KB's, then a few MB, then GB, just how technology is.

But then again some games that comes out are small then others are way to big 😛  End of the day I have 6TB storge andalways remove games that you won't play again 😜 free up space

Yeah, that's very correct. I believe that in recent years, the file size of games have been getting cut down for some obvious reasons just like what happened with Call of Duty Vanguard. 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct. I believe that in recent years, the file size of games have been getting cut down for some obvious reasons just like what happened with Call of Duty Vanguard. 

GTA5 I remeber when it first came out back in 2013 it was or where around 80GB. Now when I look at the game file size over the years since I fisrt had it back in 2013 it's over 100GB 😉 I mean - That's just how much online new content they added.

Still, 280GB for MSFS2020

1 minute ago, Empire said:

GTA5 I remeber when it first came out back in 2013 it was or where around 80GB. Now when I look at the game file size over the years since I fisrt had it back in 2013 it's over 100GB 😉 I mean - That's just how much online new content they added.

Exactly, which most of these online contents they add are all targeted to getting into gamers pocket. They have killed us with microtransactions. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

And the sizes are only going to get bigger. Games are getting bigger, more polished, and packed with more content. So, expect games to soon reach 1tb in size or more. Hell COD is pretty much already there. With the dlc, updates and more, I bet most people who play COD have just that on their hdds.

Just now, Kane99 said:

And the sizes are only going to get bigger. Games are getting bigger, more polished, and packed with more content. So, expect games to soon reach 1tb in size or more. Hell COD is pretty much already there. With the dlc, updates and more, I bet most people who play COD have just that on their hdds.

That's true for sure, with the kind of updates they are adding to the games, it's most likely going to get to 1TB sooner or later. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The Call of Duty Vanguard file size for Playstation 4 was 54.65 GB and it was higher for Xbox X|S: at 61 GB Download.