Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games did much better than you ever would have expected?

4 minutes ago, Darth said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 actually. I know that expectations were quite high for this game but as someone that hasn't played the RDR series before, it was quite a surprise to see how much I enjoyed it. It was really fun and different from I might usually play.

I think that same thing goes with The Last of Us II as well. I haven't seen many better yet. 

12 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

GTA trilogy will always be remembered for me, as a game with high expectations, but later disappointed. 

I totally agree with you on this one and even Rockstar knew that they really fucked up in the game as it was developed. 

4 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I totally agree with you on this one and even Rockstar knew that they really fucked up in the game as it was developed. 

Yes, buddy. I regretted the very first day I played the game. What a waste of money I spent to purchase the digital version of it. 

44 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, buddy. I regretted the very first day I played the game. What a waste of money I spent to purchase the digital version of it. 

Seriously, that the game was trash isn't enough but they ended up selling a trash for that amount of money. It's a rip off. 

played wow for a while...from vanilla wow all the way to 5 months ago. I regret the whole damn thing. Not one thing i can use from that game in life. What am i going to put on resume...works well in teams to raid, when he should have been out doing something else more productive. Not to mention its a giant cash sink. There is no completeness with MMO is just a 1/2 asses story they slap together to get more customers on the carrot. I'm not saying blizzard makes a bad game, they probably make the best MMO out there, but its the whole genre, its a total waste. Not only does it take too much free time, but you actively look to devote more free time to it. 

When I got to play Fortnite video game via my Android phone, what I saw was quite different from what I thought about the game. It's simply a game played by groups of players which involves elimination, I was eliminated in it's early round, lol, I couldn't proceed more further even till today. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that the game was trash isn't enough but they ended up selling a trash for that amount of money. It's a rip off. 

It's kinda rip off for me, no doubt buddy. I wouldn't rush to buy any video game just because the advertisement was superb, never. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I got to play Fortnite video game via my Android phone, what I saw was quite different from what I thought about the game. It's simply a game played by groups of players which involves elimination, I was eliminated in it's early round, lol, I couldn't proceed more further even till today. 

If you want to have a better experience with playing Fortnite, then you should try it on Playstation 4 but sadly you don't own it yet. It's more sweet on PS4 or PS5 or Xbox One. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's kinda rip off for me, no doubt buddy. I wouldn't rush to buy any video game just because the advertisement was superb, never. 

They have done that and got away with it using a useless apology. Let them try something like that again and see how it's going to backfire on them. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

They have done that and got away with it using a useless apology. Let them try something like that again and see how it's going to backfire on them. 

It will backfire indeed, because almost all gamers have known their tricks which they used to drive sales.  This time, it wouldn't be easy for them, they simply need to show massive improvement to convince majority of users back loving them. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It will backfire indeed, because almost all gamers have known their tricks which they used to drive sales.  This time, it wouldn't be easy for them, they simply need to show massive improvement to convince majority of users back loving them. 

Personally, I believe that Rockstar have a lot to lose should they screw up with the next GTA 6 release. They wouldn't dare. 

On 2/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, Heatman said:

It is only the movie of Mad Max that I have watched recently and not the game but I'm still going to check it out.

If you can find it for cheap and like the movies i'd say go for it. Combat and the setting is one of the real strong points, cambat is kind of like the batman arkham games mixed with a bit of sleeping dogs. It also helps that your sidekick Chumbucket is a likeable character.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

If you can find it for cheap and like the movies i'd say go for it. Combat and the setting is one of the real strong points, cambat is kind of like the batman arkham games mixed with a bit of sleeping dogs. It also helps that your sidekick Chumbucket is a likeable character.

I have watched some reviews of the game on YouTube and it seems quite interesting with good leads. If I'm more free to play, I will look into getting it.