Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games did much better than you ever would have expected?

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I believe that Rockstar have a lot to lose should they screw up with the next GTA 6 release. They wouldn't dare. 

If such repeat itself again, it will simply become a huge disappointment again in the career of Rockstar, it will put them in same frame with EA FIFA. 

14 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

If such repeat itself again, it will simply become a huge disappointment again in the career of Rockstar, it will put them in same frame with EA FIFA. 

There is actually a very big difference between how Rockstar runs their show and how EA does with their FIFA games. 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What is a game that you did not think was going to do well leading up to its release, but then turned out to be really successful?

I can mention at least 5 of such games that came in a way that most gamers never really believed it would do good. They are ;

1. Until Dawn 

2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

3. DMC 

4. Doom 2016 

5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

I can mention at least 5 of such games that came in a way that most gamers never really believed it would do good. They are ;

1. Until Dawn 

2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

3. DMC 

4. Doom 2016 

5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 

You can never take anything away from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker with how it became prominent in the world of Nintendo. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

You can never take anything away from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker with how it became prominent in the world of Nintendo. 

It's part of the reason why I don't joke with the game The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker up till till date, even though I have other games to get into. 

On 1/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What is a game that you did not think was going to do well leading up to its release, but then turned out to be really successful?

The Last of Us Part II came out well from its first release even though it's just a game with 2 release by Naughty Dog. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When a video game gets too many positive reviews, it is very much believing that the game is widely accepted by gamers. That's exactly what TLOU II is all about. 

2020 saw a great game in the release of The Last of Us Part II because 2021 saw less of that kind of games. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

2020 saw a great game in the release of The Last of Us Part II because 2021 saw less of that kind of games. 

After I sent the review of The Last Of Us Part II done here by Shagger to my friend in US, he got the game right away. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool, I heard so much intriguing things around The Last Of Us II, it's simply one of the best 2020 saw. 

Yeah, The Last of Us Part II came out far more better than the first release. I can't wait for when Naughty Dog would on the 3rd part of the game. 

Resident Evil 4 was always a very decent game for me, but after encountering some "facts" vids about it, it just got me impressed more and more, i realized that the game gets easier if it feels that it's hard for you, how does it work? well, if the game detects that you have taken enough damage, it starts spawning less enemies and makes itself easier for you! 

21 hours ago, Patrik said:

Resident Evil 4 was always a very decent game for me, but after encountering some "facts" vids about it, it just got me impressed more and more, i realized that the game gets easier if it feels that it's hard for you, how does it work? well, if the game detects that you have taken enough damage, it starts spawning less enemies and makes itself easier for you! 

Yeah, that's very correct. Among all the Resident Evil franchise, the RE 4 stands out completely for me. I really felt happy replaying it again recently.