Register Now
dfarmer2001

TV Show Recommendations?

Hello everyone, 

I just recently finished watching all of the TV shows I liked until more episodes come out. With this being said, I am searching for recommendations. I like TV shows that are more on the crime/drama and action side. I normally use Peacock or Hulu+ as my streaming platforms, I do not have cable or satellite TV. What shows would you guys recommend?  

Check out Law & Order SVU. It's the best one in the Law & Order franchise. The first 12 seasons are their best ones, but that's because Christopher Meloni was still on the show. After that, actors started leaving the show, others didn't make it more than one season, and it just went all downhill. It's available to stream on HULU.

Also check out any shows you find that have to do with the unexplained or paranormal. I have a feeling that you'll enjoy at least one side of that area. But I'm talking Unsolved Mysteries or something like that. I'm not talking fictional movies like Paranormal Activity that are all bunk.

Edited by The Blackangel

I somewhat enjoyed the first two seasons of The Kominsky Method and was happy to see a third season available. That is, until I found out that Alan Arkin dropped out and they just went on without him. No thanks.

Just finished Schitt's Creek. Initially I was hesitant as it was so cringe but it really grew on me and features some real beauty.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are two of my favourites, they're both dramas with crime though I suppose it wouldn't be surpising if you had already seen those since they're so popular. I guess I'd also suggest The Mentalist, I haven't watched it in a few years and I keep thinking it's kind of cheesy in retrospect even though I can basically only remember what the lead character looked like but I do remember that I did still like it a fair bit when I watched it, I've been considering re-watching it since it's been a long time.

Edited by ShipmateMoon

I like Eastbound and Down and The Principals.   They are both staring Danny McBride as a main Character.  Another TV show I recommend is Spartacus.  Anyway, any of those HBO or Starz productions are worth a look, but I haven't checked out many like Vikings, which some say is great.

1 hour ago, egghead said:

I think everyone needs to watch Vikings and Vikings Valhalla.

I want to watch the new Vikings Valhalla so bad but I don’t have whatever cable it’s on. I gave up on shows and movies because everything is on Netflix now. I just have no interest in subscribing cause I have satellite internet and only allowed a number of gb a month. Can’t download a bunch of shows. Oh well. Gaming it is. 

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I want to watch the new Vikings Valhalla so bad but I don’t have whatever cable it’s on. I gave up on shows and movies because everything is on Netflix now. I just have no interest in subscribing cause I have satellite internet and only allowed a number of gb a month. Can’t download a bunch of shows. Oh well. Gaming it is. 

Vikings Valhalla is on Netflix. Basic subscription fee is $10. It is not impossible to subscribe all services (Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, etc.) at the same time. Choose one thta best suits you.

There's some really good documentaries on Netflix right now. I'm not sure if they're region locked but there's one about long lost triplets, and there's also a series about corruption within sports that's a good watch.