Register Now
dfarmer2001

Best PC Brand?

On 6/17/2022 at 7:10 PM, Grungie said:

Asus has done me well, and about 8 years ago I also gave Macs a shot, and now I own multiple, and they’ve all done me well. Most of them are pricey, but the fact they work incredibly well for what I use them for, the price was worth it.

Macbooks also tend to keep their value a lot longer than most Windows laptops as well.

I love what I've seen in Asus, Google, Msi, Samsung etc. But I never got the chance to feel them, touch and operate each them physically to compare them with the likes of, 'HP, Acer, Sony, Lenovo etc, which I've operated. I only see information about them via internet, with what I've seen so far in internet, I'll love to own one of Asus or Samsung or Google PC. 

I've always had a Dell, 2 of them and this last one I have here (it's actually my niece's) is also Dell.

In your opinion, which is the cheapest yet most reliable? I am looking to get a new laptop or Chromebook by the end of the month.

No more squinting and stressing out my neck typing on this phone. Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, melanie_marie27 said:

I've always had a Dell, 2 of them and this last one I have here (it's actually my niece's) is also Dell.

In your opinion, which is the cheapest yet most reliable? I am looking to get a new laptop or Chromebook by the end of the month.

In my personal experience the specific brand doesn't make much of a difference. ASUS, Acer, Dell, Lenovo... They are all competing with each other the price and quality doesn't consistently vary much.

Can you give some more details about what you need this Laptop for?  Is it just for internet browsing?  Do you need it for work and if so what kind?  Do you intend to game on it and if so do have a budget and/or targets for FPS and resolution?

Edited by Crazycrab

On 9/14/2022 at 5:00 AM, melanie_marie27 said:

If you could provide us with a budget, I'm sure we can provide you with some recommendations. The brand is a factor but for cheaper models, it tends to not matter as much. My earlier recommendations were for Gaming Laptops/High-End Laptops that were in $1000+ category. 

I bough my dell laptop in 2013 and I just have the opportunity to buy a new one, I feel like I can keep working with the one but I like to know how it feels to have a new one. It feels nostalgic to me to change computers put I feel like it can be worthy to buy a new Dell. I was actually looking to buy a hp put I'm in love with Dell

On 10/4/2022 at 7:44 AM, Dhruvguy said:

I bough my dell laptop in 2013 and I just have the opportunity to buy a new one, I feel like I can keep working with the one but I like to know how it feels to have a new one. It feels nostalgic to me to change computers put I feel like it can be worthy to buy a new Dell. I was actually looking to buy a hp put I'm in love with Dell

DeLL is one of the strongest computer brand I've seen so far, but due to modern versions being available, I've shifted my attention from the famous old computer brand. I'm thinking about getting either Samsung or Sony made PC. I know it will cost me more if I go for their latest version, I wouldn't mind provided the money is there. 

home built is always the best, easier to upgrade built for purpose and no bloatware, but if i had to buy a prebuilt, which ive not done for many moons, so my opinion may be a bit outdated, i would stick with DELL, as they have brands within DELL that are for specific purposes, like Alienware for gaming, Studio for editing and other high demanding tasks and XPS as a good all rounder, Plus they are a big name in the world of PC's and have stood the test of time. every DELL PC/laptop i have used or had to repair has always stuck me as well made and fit for purpose, so yeah Home built defo number one, followed by DELL! 🙂

On 11/22/2022 at 4:32 PM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

home built is always the best, easier to upgrade built for purpose and no bloatware, but if i had to buy a prebuilt, which ive not done for many moons, so my opinion may be a bit outdated, i would stick with DELL, as they have brands within DELL that are for specific purposes, like Alienware for gaming, Studio for editing and other high demanding tasks and XPS as a good all rounder, Plus they are a big name in the world of PC's and have stood the test of time. every DELL PC/laptop i have used or had to repair has always stuck me as well made and fit for purpose, so yeah Home built defo number one, followed by DELL! 🙂

I'd say Maingear makes some pretty good pre-built systems. They've been around for quite some time and they do offer great value for the price (I'm talking in relation to custom gaming PCs and laptops that can serve you for years).

Over the years I have used Dell, Lenovo, Acer and HP and out of all of those I would say myself I have had the better experience at least at the moment from Lenovo with Acer being a close second. I have had many bad experiences when using Dell so that is a brand that I tend to stay away from. 

On 2/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, Shortie said:

Over the years I have used Dell, Lenovo, Acer and HP and out of all of those I would say myself I have had the better experience at least at the moment from Lenovo with Acer being a close second. I have had many bad experiences when using Dell so that is a brand that I tend to stay away from. 

I've had an Acer gaming laptop before and it lasted for about 5 years before it started to really act up. Acer laptops tend to be built really well and are easy to self-repair for minimal issues.

I would give this to Dell because I've been using Dell laptops since more than 10 years now and I've never faced any issues that I faced while using HP laptops. I find HP laptops slow compared to Dell. They hang a lot after few years of use. Whereas Dell works like its brand new even after several years of rigorous use.