Register Now
Techno

Sony Bought Bungie

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Precisely, I'm just curious as to why Sony doesn't swoop up Konami - it's a potential goldmine with hits like Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill and Contra. Metal Gear is one of PlayStation's most iconic series so it'd be a good deal for them.

I wish they would but I don't see Konami selling.  Their business model of focusing on Pachinko machines and half assing it as a games publisher is unfortunately working quite well for them, in Japan at least.  They just don't care.

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I wish they would but I don't see Konami selling.  Their business model of focusing on Pachinko machines and half assing it as a games publisher is unfortunately working quite well for them, in Japan at least.  They just don't care.

You do have a valid point there but I heard they've been taking some major losses since the pandemic hit in 2020 so they may reconsider in a few years.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, Techno said:

Whelp, looks like Sony responded to Microsoft buying Actvison, by buying Bungie. For about 3 billion. They own Destiny now. Thoughts?

Well, they are all definitely going to respond to the move made by Microsoft in buying Activision. Whether this is a good buy for the price, I'm not sure. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Well, they are all definitely going to respond to the move made by Microsoft in buying Activision. Whether this is a good buy for the price, I'm not sure. 

I do think the price is a little ridiculous, Destiny is a big franchise, but that's basically what Sony gotten as far as we know. We don't know about whatever else Bungie is working on, so it can't really be included as of yet. But even when Bungie shows off the two to three other games that bungie is working on, I don't think those other games are worth the asking price of 3 billion.

36 minutes ago, Techno said:

I do think the price is a little ridiculous, Destiny is a big franchise, but that's basically what Sony gotten as far as we know. We don't know about whatever else Bungie is working on, so it can't really be included as of yet. But even when Bungie shows off the two to three other games that bungie is working on, I don't think those other games are worth the asking price of 3 billion.

I actually thought of that as well because it seems like there is a lot of pressure on them to meet up after Microsoft purchase of Activision. They wouldn't be logical in price negotiation now. 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, Techno said:

Whelp, looks like Sony responded to Microsoft buying Actvison, by buying Bungie. For about 3 billion. They own Destiny now. Thoughts?

Well, that didn't take long right. They should have waited a long time and Microsoft would still do them the favors and purchased Bungie. Although, 3 billion dollars is too much. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:49 PM, Crazycrab said:

Seriously, they are the last company that I would expect to sell their license, unless they are yet to yet the right offer. 

25 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Konami is valued at $5-$6 billion dollars. If they should get an offer in excess of $50 billion, I'm very sure that they wouldn't turn it down. 

Not even Konami would be daft enough to demand a legitimate price tag like that, and Sony certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to pay that much.

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Not even Konami would be daft enough to demand a legitimate price tag like that, and Sony certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to pay that much.

Activision was sold for almost $70 billion dollars. Just saying though... 

12 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Activision was sold for almost $70 billion dollars. Just saying though... 

But konami its not worth 50 billion, its a huge difference though. Like for example would you pay 50 dollars for a 5 dollar food order ? from 5 billion to 50 billion thats 10 times more. Yes they probably can pay a little bit more I do understand your point, but it would probably be something of a few million dollar difference, not billions.

27 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

But konami its not worth 50 billion, its a huge difference though. Like for example would you pay 50 dollars for a 5 dollar food order ? from 5 billion to 50 billion thats 10 times more. Yes they probably can pay a little bit more I do understand your point, but it would probably be something of a few million dollar difference, not billions.

Yeah, I get your point but the angle that I'm looking at it from is when these companies are buying in panic just because they feel the urgency to match what Microsoft did already.