Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO "Expect More Aquisitions"

As the OP I feel I need to step in.  The same points are getting repeated and were starting to drift a little off topic.

This is about Sony's current and potential future acquisitions.  I'm not saying the latest points about monopolisation and competition are totally off the rails but the points have been made several times.  I would appreciate it if future posts could contribute with a new point or at a new perspective of current points.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

As the OP I feel I need to step in.  The same points are getting repeated and were starting to drift a little off topic.

This is about Sony's current and potential future acquisitions.  I'm not saying the latest points about monopolisation and competition are totally off the rails but the points have been made several times.  I would appreciate it if future posts could contribute with a new point or at a new perspective of current points.

They have just recently added Jade Raymond's Haven Studios to their acquisition. 

https://www.engadget.com/sony-buys-haven-studios-162320870.html

I dismissed the idea of Sony buying a major publisher in the OP, but it might actually be a possibility now.  We know that Sony are keen to buy and it seems like Ubisoft are keen to sell:

Imagine that!  All future Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy, Watch Dogs and more games all under the PlayStation umbrella.

I'm not sure how I would feel about this, I guess it really depends on how PlayStation might choose to go about it.  On one hand they could merge with Ubisoft's UPlay service on PC to make more of their games accessible there, but it would really suck if they just made all Ubisoft titles PS only.

I do think Ubisoft titles would suit Sony though, games like Assassin's Creed fit in well with the corner of the market they have.

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I dismissed the idea of Sony buying a major publisher in the OP, but it might actually be a possibility now.  We know that Sony are keen to buy and it seems like Ubisoft are keen to sell:

Imagine that!  All future Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy, Watch Dogs and more games all under the PlayStation umbrella.

I'm not sure how I would feel about this, I guess it really depends on how PlayStation might choose to go about it.  On one hand they could merge with Ubisoft's UPlay service on PC to make more of their games accessible there, but it would really suck if they just made all Ubisoft titles PS only.

I do think Ubisoft titles would suit Sony though, games like Assassin's Creed fit in well with the corner of the market they have.

The same thing with what happened to Activision-Blizzard as their stock dipped with a lot of other issues before they were forced to sell to Microsoft. If Sony go about this the right way, they might get a good deal. I don't expect Ubisoft to be sold for as much as Activision-Blizzard was sold. 

Edited by Boblee

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think there was a thread somewhere that I asked about how much would Ubisoft consider selling if such opportunity presents itself. With this development, they might be pressured to sell cheaper. 

On 4/24/2022 at 9:01 AM, Boblee said:

The same thing with what happened to Activision-Blizzard as their stock dipped with a lot of other issues before they were forced to sell to Microsoft. If Sony go about this the right way, they might get a good deal. I don't expect Ubisoft to be sold for as much as Activision-Blizzard was sold. 

It's definitely going to take a while before we see any deal that's going on to break what's paid for Activision-Blizzard. Ubisoft is decent project but it's not worth that much!! 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't think such deal will take place between Ubisoft and Sony. I can't say never thou, I'll watch to see how it unfolds in the future. 

As long as Ubisoft wants to sell which is likely obvious, there will always be possibility that Sony will jump on the deal. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

As long as Ubisoft wants to sell which is likely obvious, there will always be possibility that Sony will jump on the deal. 

That's obvious, it can happen so fast immediately Ubisoft declares their interest, Sony would immediately jump in. Also, their is a way Sony can present them with better asking offer to purchase their company, they wouldn't have the choice but to cash in, just as we saw around Elon and Twitter bosses, the way he snapped the social media site completely from them xD. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's obvious, it can happen so fast immediately Ubisoft declares their interest, Sony would immediately jump in. Also, their is a way Sony can present them with better asking offer to purchase their company, they wouldn't have the choice but to cash in, just as we saw around Elon and Twitter bosses, the way he snapped the social media site completely from them xD. 

If you ask me, I'd like for Sony to purchase Ubisoft because Microsoft is planning on another big purchase and if Sony doesn't make a big deal to counter, Microsoft will soon seize monopoly. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you ask me, I'd like for Sony to purchase Ubisoft because Microsoft is planning on another big purchase and if Sony doesn't make a big deal to counter, Microsoft will soon seize monopoly. 

They Sony is the only biggest competition that Microsoft have in the gaming industry and if they slack, they will be left behind big time. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

You should have gotten the company Microsoft wants to merge with, puts more clarity to your post. But nevertheless, merging more video game companies to their name wouldn't make Sony that competitive. They don't need those things, all they should focus on is 'quality and bringing new development all together to their platforms and video games, definitely they'll remain at their position as one of the best tech and video game company around.