Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO "Expect More Aquisitions"

On 4/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, Justin11 said:

You should have gotten the company Microsoft wants to merge with, puts more clarity to your post. But nevertheless, merging more video game companies to their name wouldn't make Sony that competitive. They don't need those things, all they should focus on is 'quality and bringing new development all together to their platforms and video games, definitely they'll remain at their position as one of the best tech and video game company around. 

Did anyone know that they would be acquiring Activision-Blizzard? How sure are you that they are not making another big move behind another company? They might even be chasing Ubisoft deal. Asking me to get you a company they might buy is something you should look for yourself as well. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Did anyone know that they would be acquiring Activision-Blizzard? How sure are you that they are not making another big move behind another company? They might even be chasing Ubisoft deal. Asking me to get you a company they might buy is something you should look for yourself as well. 

You maybe somewhat right, but I wouldn't know, because I am not in the shoes of Microsoft. Going for another big company like Ubisoft will be a welcomed one, but I think the acquisition of Activision blizzard should yield fruits before another pursuit of a gaming studio. 

55 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You maybe somewhat right, but I wouldn't know, because I am not in the shoes of Microsoft. Going for another big company like Ubisoft will be a welcomed one, but I think the acquisition of Activision blizzard should yield fruits before another pursuit of a gaming studio. 

What I think is that they can't be able to purchase another big company like Ubisoft after then purchased Activision-Blizzard. If they have the money, they will purchase it. 

42 minutes ago, Boblee said:

What I think is that they can't be able to purchase another big company like Ubisoft after then purchased Activision-Blizzard. If they have the money, they will purchase it. 

Microsoft have the money, but such gonna be waste of money to them at last. It will be better to invest in another project, recoup benefits too. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Microsoft have the money, but such gonna be waste of money to them at last. It will be better to invest in another project, recoup benefits too. 

They definitely don't have the money to buy on a big project like Ubisoft right now. It's not possible after forking out $70 million for Activision-Blizzard. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Also, they need to balance their books after spending so heavily on acquiring Activision-Blizzard. If it's in football, FFPR would be all over them. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Also, they need to balance their books after spending so heavily on acquiring Activision-Blizzard. If it's in football, FFPR would be all over them. 

What happens in football world is different from what goes on in the gaming industry but I do understand what you were trying to say. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Definitely, FFP rules will be on them for splashing out such kind of funds. Because, they'll invest only from the revenue generated from their video game involvement. 

On 5/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, Justin11 said:

Definitely, FFP rules will be on them for splashing out such kind of funds. Because, they'll invest only from the revenue generated from their video game involvement. 

Exactly the point. When it's hard to put checks on how they operate, it's going to be very difficult to control their buying spree. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly the point. When it's hard to put checks on how they operate, it's going to be very difficult to control their buying spree. 

Yeah, I don't think their is any rule out there, in place with video game studio companies, when it comes to splashing out cash, like restriction. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I don't think their is any rule out there, in place with video game studio companies, when it comes to splashing out cash, like restriction. 

I know very well that a any video game's company that secures monopoly of the industry, it's going to make life for gamers miserable. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I know very well that a any video game's company that secures monopoly of the industry, it's going to make life for gamers miserable. 

We would be given shit crap to play and we can't do anything about it because we wouldn't have any choice at all. 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:46 AM, Boblee said:

Sure, we don't need such kind around video games, we need competition, that's what keep strengthening a given organization, and video game is an organization that needs to be strengthened as well. Sony is given it a boost with Xbox