Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO "Expect More Aquisitions"

I doubt the  Guillemot family is looking to sell ubisoft completly atleast from what i read the past few days, they are more keen on something like a business partner/investment company taking a controlling stake in ubisoft rather then sell off ubisoft completly that way Yves Guillemot would still be in charge, i don't know but don't really think this is interesting for either sony or microsoft. If anybody i can see the embracer group or tencent stepping in.

No sony would be more interesting in buying a big japanese developer ala capcom, square enix or konami as it would make a lot more sense imo.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I doubt the  Guillemot family is looking to sell ubisoft completly atleast from what i read the past few days, they are more keen on something like a business partner/investment company taking a controlling stake in ubisoft rather then sell off ubisoft completly that way Yves Guillemot would still be in charge, i don't know but don't really think this is interesting for either sony or microsoft. If anybody i can see the embracer group or tencent stepping in.

No sony would be more interesting in buying a big japanese developer ala capcom, square enix or konami as it would make a lot more sense imo.

I really doubt if they would be able to find such business partner or deal in a long time because they are more vulnerable in a way which is why they are looking for such deals but let's see what happens. 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm curious as to why Sony didn't try to purchase some of the IPs Square Enix were selling. Games like Deus Ex would really boost Sony's catalogue of games.

It was just all rumors that Sony wanted to even buy Square Enix and the way that I see it, it's something that's less likely to happen because Sony have a good relationship with SE and including many exclusives games they have. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm curious as to why Sony didn't try to purchase some of the IPs Square Enix were selling. Games like Deus Ex would really boost Sony's catalogue of games.

Did you happen to know the reason why Square Enix started selling some of their game's IP?