Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

15 hours ago, m76 said:

..And as such I don't think either Sony or Microsoft sees Nintendo as a threat.

The truth is that every company have the market they want to dominate and Nintendo is definitely not interested in the space of Sony and Microsoft. Switch is definitely more of their interest now. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

The truth is that every company have the market they want to dominate and Nintendo is definitely not interested in the space of Sony and Microsoft. Switch is definitely more of their interest now. 

It would be very challenging for Nintendo if Sony or Microsoft wakes tomorrow and decide to jump into Switch. Nintendo will definitely not survive it. 

On 2/3/2022 at 2:07 AM, m76 said:

They don't cover the same market. Nintendo is seen more as a toy, than an enthusiast gaming console. No use getting offended by this, it's just the truth. Nintendo vs. Playstation can happily live and let live by the other. Unlike XBOX vs. Playstation.

Even when you look at gaming influencers, they rarely talk about nintendo, they talk about playstation and xbox, and maybe PC.

It has nothing to do with how large or small the company is. They just cover a different segment of the market, with little overlap between them. And as such I don't think either Sony or Microsoft sees Nintendo as a threat.

Nintendo was founded on September 23, 1889 as a playing card company. That means that they have been around for 133 years. That alone should tell you that whatever they decide to make, they aren't going anywhere. They're always going to be one of the biggest and most major competitors in whatever demographic they decide to enter. Nintendo will always have a loyal following. Mainly from those of us who grew up with it. So to just call it a "toy" is insulting.

If you check YouTube, you will find an endless amount of "influencers" talking about Nintendo. Go to Cinemassacre and check out James & Mike Mondays. They play and talk about more Nintendo games than any other system. Even as AVGN, the nerd plays more Nintendo games than any other system. Be it Sega, PlayStation, Xbox, or other obscure systems.

Nintendo is a lot bigger than you're giving it credit for.

On 2/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, m76 said:

Nintendo is just the third wheel, that nobody takes as a serious contender in the console wars.

Lol the switch has outsold all of them so far and it's still selling like crazy. I think it's leading the console wars right now if anything. 

But the beauty of it all, is that each console is selling great right now. The ps5 just outsold the wii u in over 1 year. That's crazy. The series x and x are selling good as well. Not ps5 numbers, but it's still up there. 

37 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Nintendo was founded on September 23, 1889 as a playing card company. That means that they have been around for 133 years. That alone should tell you that whatever they decide to make, they aren't going anywhere. They're always going to be one of the biggest and most major competitors in whatever demographic they decide to enter. Nintendo will always have a loyal following. Mainly from those of us who grew up with it. So to just call it a "toy" is insulting.

If you check YouTube, you will find an endless amount of "influencers" talking about Nintendo. Go to Cinemassacre and check out James & Mike Mondays. They play and talk about more Nintendo games than any other system. Even as AVGN, the nerd plays more Nintendo games than any other system. Be it Sega, PlayStation, Xbox, or other obscure systems.

Nintendo is a lot bigger than you're giving it credit for.

Wow! I knew Nintendo had a long history before video games even existed, but that's well beyond what I thought.

Moving on and you're absolutely right, there are so many content creators, journalists and influencers that discuss Nintendo. I really enjoy Arlo, for example.

55 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Lol the switch has outsold all of them so far and it's still selling like crazy. I think it's leading the console wars right now if anything.

And Ford outsells Bentley 1000:1 that doesn't mean anything. Different market segments, with tiny overlap.  Sure if you define the console wars as merely the units sold then nintendo is doing well in that department.

But the fact still remains that Nintendo has far inferior hardware and some of the biggest franchises are not even on Nintendo platform, while others are released years later on it with compromised graphics and performance. Sorry no matter how much it hurts fans, Nintendo is not a key player, they have their own market segment that they cover well, but they are not competing for the same piece of the pie as microsoft and sony.

Hopefully they're just doing things at their own pace rather than trying to rush into things because of what other companies are doing. Obviously, they have to be careful that they don't get left behind but considering that they like to just do their own thing, I'm sure Nintendo aren't too worried.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:48 PM, m76 said:

And Ford outsells Bentley 1000:1 that doesn't mean anything. Different market segments, with tiny overlap.  Sure if you define the console wars as merely the units sold then nintendo is doing well in that department.

But the fact still remains that Nintendo has far inferior hardware and some of the biggest franchises are not even on Nintendo platform, while others are released years later on it with compromised graphics and performance. Sorry no matter how much it hurts fans, Nintendo is not a key player, they have their own market segment that they cover well, but they are not competing for the same piece of the pie as microsoft and sony.

The switch actually has a pretty stellar reputation when it comes to ports. Games run well on the system. Of course the hardware is not a powerful as a PS4, XB1 and certainly not the new generation, but ones sense of gaming cannot be boiled down to technology alone. It's about the experience, and the Switch delivers a great experience. That's why over 100 million people have bought a Switch, for the experience, not the tech. It's ironic that console you referred to as a "toy" was choses by people because they have a far more mature perspective on what gaming is supposed to mean than you own. You say "sales numbers don't matter", but they actually do because those sales tell you (roughly) how many support the system and play thier games on it. You try to downplay the significance of that because it's an inconvenience to ridiculous claim you're trying to make that Nintendo have a small share of the market, when that is clearly not the case. Nintendo are, and likely always will be, a major player in the video game industry. I understand why that why that upsets you. Nintendo is a company that has a major role in the element of you life you have a great passion for dose not really cater to you, so you have to fix it in your head that the fact they're popularity isn't real. Well, I suggest you grow up and realize it isn't all about you.

Edited by Shagger

57 minutes ago, Darth said:

Hopefully they're just doing things at their own pace rather than trying to rush into things because of what other companies are doing. Obviously, they have to be careful that they don't get left behind but considering that they like to just do their own thing, I'm sure Nintendo aren't too worried.

They are very well comfortable where they are, otherwise they wouldn't let other game's companies take the market the way they did. 

I'm a PS and PC player mostly. Nintendo has their niche now and I don't think that's gonna go down anytime soon.I think they'll invest a bunch on online games and services in the next few years.I don't know how you can exclude the biggest and most successful icon in gaming history from the video game 'pie'.As far as graphics, all the pretty ray traced,blah blah stuff don't mean anything if the rest of the game is boring.Much like guitars and amps, you don't need the most expensive product to have fun and be productive.And yes Switch doesn't have some big games I guess,but it's the only place to get all the Nintendo exclusives.I'm starting to think there's a ton of Nintendo fans that simply don't squack about how great the switch,etc is. Maybe console and PC people are more vocal than Nintendo fans. Dammit! Now I wanna get a Switch and make a bunch of animal buddies in Animal Crossing!

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

They are very well comfortable where they are, otherwise they wouldn't let other game's companies take the market the way they did. 

With the way Nintendo is hooked on switch, it's definitely going to be very hard for another company to rival them in that sphere. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

With the way Nintendo is hooked on switch, it's definitely going to be very hard for another company to rival them in that sphere. 

Just as how other games are popular in their sectors, it's the same thing with how Nintendo is powered up on Switch. They simply have nothing to worry about. 

18 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I'm starting to think there's a ton of Nintendo fans that simply don't squack about how great the switch,etc is. Maybe console and PC people are more vocal than Nintendo fans.

You're right on that one. Those of us who are Nintendo fans, usually don't get into the console wars that tend to rage amongst a lot of gamers. Like the PCMR shit that goes on. We just don't get into it.

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Just as how other games are popular in their sectors, it's the same thing with how Nintendo is powered up on Switch. They simply have nothing to worry about. 

Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market. Others have tried, but they simply couldn't rival Nintendo. Now that Nintendo has released a hybrid that can be handheld or played like a traditional console, other companies are scrambling to try to take over and beat Nintendo in this challenge.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You're right on that one. Those of us who are Nintendo fans, usually don't get into the console wars that tend to rage amongst a lot of gamers. Like the PCMR shit that goes on. We just don't get into it.

Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market. Others have tried, but they simply couldn't rival Nintendo. Now that Nintendo has released a hybrid that can be handheld or played like a traditional console, other companies are scrambling to try to take over and beat Nintendo in this challenge.

One thing that I love so much about Nintendo is that they take their time in planning which makes their output incredible. I wasn't surprised at that hybrid development.