Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

Let's be honest here the only company that were (and still are) in dire need for exclusive games is Microsoft, What noteworthy games have they put out on the xbox one? Forza, gears maybe halo 5 but i don't know man. How many will be remembered in 10-15 years time, opposed to sony their ps4 exclusives, bet quite a few will be rememberd fondly off.

Microsoft managed to turn it around with forza horzion 5 and halo infinite so let's hope for them ( and us as gamers) it continues because the only way to catch up with sony is offering games that are a must buy that you can play nowhere else. 

I just hope microsoft gives the devs freedom to create what they want, i don't want to see for example obsidian making a sports game just like they did with rare turning one of the most iconic studios into making kinect games. Have obsidian make a new fall out game, new vegas is still my favourite fallout game so why the hell not.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

But with these console wars and Russia/Ukraine about to go to war and the sanctions against Russia, we can expect there to be even further chip shortages.

It's a reality now with the new sanctions against Russia. Have to wait and see how the gaming world and console wars hold up to the semiconductor sanctions. Whoever is least dependent will come out on top. I hope that puts a stump on all their buying up mentality when they can't produce the demand. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:25 AM, Heatman said:

Nintendo is probably working out strategy to get NTFs in their games since they are in support of it. They are most likely not buying any new studio. 

Seriously, it's not something that's going to do them any good at all. The sooner they drop that, the better for them. 

46 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, it's not something that's going to do them any good at all. The sooner they drop that, the better for them. 

They should keep on going that dreadful path and see what it's does to their brand in the future. They will regret it big time. 

On 2/24/2022 at 3:39 AM, Yaramaki said:

Let's be honest here the only company that were (and still are) in dire need for exclusive games is Microsoft, What noteworthy games have they put out on the xbox one? Forza, gears maybe halo 5 but i don't know man. How many will be remembered in 10-15 years time, opposed to sony their ps4 exclusives, bet quite a few will be rememberd fondly off.

Microsoft managed to turn it around with forza horzion 5 and halo infinite so let's hope for them ( and us as gamers) it continues because the only way to catch up with sony is offering games that are a must buy that you can play nowhere else. 

I just hope microsoft gives the devs freedom to create what they want, i don't want to see for example obsidian making a sports game just like they did with rare turning one of the most iconic studios into making kinect games. Have obsidian make a new fall out game, new vegas is still my favourite fallout game so why the hell not.

Xbox has put out the Fable Series. I would consider that note worthy, especially sense there are 4 games (one on kinect), and there is talks of a new one coming out (most likely a reboot). When I heard talks about another Fable being released I wanted to get a Xbox One X simply because of Fable. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:39 AM, Yaramaki said:

I'd argue PlayStation has less exclusives at the moment than Xbox. Xbox mostly has Gamepass going for them. But they do have a slew of indie exclusives that also gives them a slight edge. Gamepass is what sells consoles for Xbox right now, and they're doing just fine. They may not be reaching PS5 sales levels, but they're still out-matching what the 360 was doing at this point, so they're going to be just fine. 

13 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Xbox has put out the Fable Series. I would consider that note worthy, especially sense there are 4 games (one on kinect), and there is talks of a new one coming out (most likely a reboot). When I heard talks about another Fable being released I wanted to get a Xbox One X simply because of Fable. 

If you have the money to get and you really love the game Fable, then I think that you should go for it in all honesty. 

15 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Yeah but microsoft haven't done anything with fable in nearly 10 years now. The major problem with franchise was peter molyneux hyping the living shit out of his games and not delivering what he promised. Shame because i put fable 2 or 3 into my top 10 of 7th gen games. It was also a great way to introduce players new to the rpg genre.

Hell even fable the journey (the kinect game) was enjoyable while more a kids  games and i diden't really play it myself but when my little nephew came over for the weekend, i had a lot of fun watching him beating the game.

I'm also looking forward to the new fable game but i doubt it will come out anytime soon. I woulden't get a xbox one x now unless you can get one cheap, pretty sure by the time the new fable comes out you can get a series x more easily then now.

Edited by Yaramaki

15 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Yeah but microsoft haven't done anything with fable in nearly 10 years now. The major problem with franchise was peter molyneux hyping the living shit out of his games and not delivering what he promised. Shame because i put fable 2 or 3 into my top 10 of 7th gen games. It was also a great way to introduce players new to the rpg genre.

Hell even fable the journey (the kinect game) was enjoyable while more a kids  games and i diden't really play it myself but when my little nephew came over for the weekend, i had a lot of fun watching him beating the game.

I'm also looking forward to the new fable game but i doubt it will come out anytime soon. I woulden't get a xbox one x now unless you can get one cheap, pretty sure by the time the new fable comes out you can get a series x more easily then now.

The game is due to be made something on and I hope that they look into it and see the possibility of having it done. If it's possible to suggest it for them through their website, I'm going to do it. 

Even if you try to outbound to their website about the useful information you brought to them concerning the pending development around fable. It wouldn't be easy doing that, because, the game have been on the exile for over 10 years. Maybe the appetite for the devs to renew it, is near total lost. 

Edited by Justin11

12 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Series X is a bit difficult to get, but the Series S is every damn where. Every store has a full stock of them. At least here they do. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Vintage Stock, and all the local gaming places. PS5 though, is still all but impossible to find. Occasionally you can find a scalper with some, but any respectable person would go without instead of buying from a scalper. Only a worthless piece of shit deals with scalpers.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Series X is a bit difficult to get, but the Series S is every damn where. Every store has a full stock of them. At least here they do. Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Vintage Stock, and all the local gaming places. PS5 though, is still all but impossible to find. Occasionally you can find a scalper with some, but any respectable person would go without instead of buying from a scalper. Only a worthless piece of shit deals with scalpers.

A friend of mine actually compares Xbox Series S to Playstation 4 while Xbox Series X to Playstation 5.