Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quests where the game interprets the result differently than you expected

What are some quests in games where you were confused and surprised by how the game interpreted your actions/result?

For example, in The Outer Worlds, I tried to do a solution for the Edgewater quest in the beginning that seemed optimal, and that would result in the faction I wanted to have power winning. But the game interpreted my solution differently and actually scolded me afterwards for dashing the dreams of that faction.

I've had similar results in outer worlds, I Think they deliberately made it that way to be more ambiguous with no clear good side.

I somehow felt however that this made me cynical for the rest of the game with not caring about any other outcomes.

4 hours ago, m76 said:

I've had similar results in outer worlds, I Think they deliberately made it that way to be more ambiguous with no clear good side.

I somehow felt however that this made me cynical for the rest of the game with not caring about any other outcomes.

Whenever I get to realize that my decision making in games doesn't have much impact on the results, it's definitely going to screw up with my care in what I do in the future in the game. 

I am reminded of games like hitman. Because in Hitman there is a correct way to beat the mission,  but you can go any route you want. Guns blazing, stealthy, stealthy but taking out everyone. Finding odd and different t ways to take out your targets. Etc.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I am reminded of games like hitman. Because in Hitman there is a correct way to beat the mission,  but you can go any route you want. Guns blazing, stealthy, stealthy but taking out everyone. Finding odd and different t ways to take out your targets. Etc.

I do enjoy playing a stealth game in a stealthy way because it's the best way to get the best out of the game in my opinion.