Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you have a PS5 (specifically), how do you clean the vents?

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I suspect you'd use a can of air. At least, that's what I always used on other consoles and it's always effective.

Yeah, can of air works most of the time as it's what I believe that most people make use of even till today for their consoles. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:22 PM, Boblee said:

You can check out this method and see if it's safe enough for you. 

I love how he use the canned air even though you don't need to, are they that cheap over there? They are so expensive here even the small cans are £5 which kinda sucks. I am curious how well those rubber or plastic dust blowers work, I've always been put off them but am very curious how well they work compared to canned air as they cost the same as canned air and yet last way longer.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Empire said:

I love how he use the canned air even though you don't need to, are they that cheap over there? They are so expensive here even the small cans are £5 which kinda sucks. I am curious how well those rubber or plastic dust blowers work, I've always been put off them but am very curious how well they work compared to canned air as they cost the same as canned air and yet last way longer.

I couldn't find them in the local super markets over here, so I am considering ordering it online so I can use it for cleaning and Xbox and PlayStation console.

I don't have a PS5 myself but I do have an Xbox One X and an Xbox Series S and they both have vents on them that do get quite dusty, I find cleaning them out with canned air works best. I would never risk taking any of my consoles apart so the perfect solution is to do it that way. Also just wiping the tops and the sides down of the console with a dry duster can help as well. 

Doesn't the PS5 open up kinda easily so that people can clean it easier? Or am I thinking of another console? 

Wish consoles made it easy to clean, but they make it so hard to do so because you can't open consoles without breaking the warranty seal. So you are stuck with the can of air option, but even so, you're just blowing dust further into the device too. 

I should dust my Xbox one for example, but I should open it up to clean it. But I don't know if I'd dare open up my Xbox one. I don't want to end up breaking it. 

I believe you can take off the side panels to dust out the PS5 but I am not sure if you can open anything else up easily as I do not have one so not able to check. I would be very wary myself taking too much apart from the console though to be honest as I would be worried about it not going back properly. Hopefully someone can confirm for us whether you can open anymore areas easily or if it's just the side panels.