Register Now
The Blackangel

Accent?

What kind of accent do you have? I know each country has an accent that's all its own. But that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone speaks with that particular one. For example, the states have a lot of different accents. In my case I grew up on a small farm, so to hear me speak you would hear a female southern redneck. So what's yours? How do you speak?

On 2/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I lived in a rural area for over 8 years, where me and my parents and other siblings do farming to support the household to make ends meet. I am the kind of type that loves hunting, a typical hunter. 

Uh..............ok

And you would describe your accent as..............................?

Horrible kind. You see, I very rarely have to speak English as I usually communicate in writing. I was contemplating starting a podcast just to get some practice, but I hate listening to my own voice so cutting it would be torture.

And arguably I speak incomprehensibly fast even in my own language. Especially when I'm excited or upset.

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Horrible kind. You see, I very rarely have to speak English as I usually communicate in writing. I was contemplating starting a podcast just to get some practice, but I hate listening to my own voice so cutting it would be torture.

And arguably I speak incomprehensibly fast even in my own language. Especially when I'm excited or upset.

What is your native tongue?

My native language is theoretically  Dutch but the accent we use over here in Belgium is called Flamish, even that has various sub forms. 

My English is meanly self taught mostly trough videogames, movies , magazines,etc. didn't get english in school until 14 years old orso and that was like one or two hours a week at most.

English is the international language of trade, which is why it's taught all over the world as a second language to virtually everyone. Those of us born to an English speaking country, are typically lazy about languages and only learn a second if we have the desire. While technically the states don't have an official language, English (or more appropriately American) is the common tongue.

I have a southern Appalachian accent, but it's not as pure as a lot of other people.  Nonetheless, it's noticeable in states like Minnesota where I worked once.    My brothers have never had strong accents due to the fact our family was in the military and moved from state to state.

Born in Australia and with a British accent 😛

In fact, while living in Australia and going to school or college, I always had kids and people saying about me and how I speak and they say go back to the UK, they do not believe me that I never been to the UK 😛