Register Now
Shagger

Halo Fans Buy Nail Polish for a Free Skin, get a Skin for Forza Instead. ( I Have SO Many Questions...)

So odd to be selling nail polish, but I see a lot of men and women wearing it, so I can see some gamers being into this. And we all know there was probably collectors attempting to buy these up by the handful so they can price them double on ebay or something. It's not my thing, but to each their own. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

True, most games are aimed at men. The statistics show them where the most money is, and that's the target they aim for. Women are a much smaller demographic in the gaming industry. We're not rare by any means. There's millions of us in the states alone. But there's probably at least 3 male gamers for every female gamer. Maybe more.

One thing that makes the female counterpart unique to the mix is that they seem to have more connection with their emotions when they play than the way men do... I might be wrong though. 

That depends from woman to woman. Some of us as more emotional than others, and get emotionally invested in a game. I know I got emotionally invested in RDR2. But @Rain Dew however didn't get invested like me.

Other female gamers may get invested in different games, but it's still entirely a unique situation for every woman.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

That depends from woman to woman. Some of us as more emotional than others, and get emotionally invested in a game. I know I got emotionally invested in RDR2. But @Rain Dew however didn't get invested like me.

Other female gamers may get invested in different games, but it's still entirely a unique situation for every woman.

Yeah exactly, that's very correct. Our individual differences plays a very role in how one gets emotionally involved or just casually involved. 

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Wow, it's almost as if female gamers are human beings with thier own unique traits and personalities.

Seriously though, why is that such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

10 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Wow, it's almost as if female gamers are human beings with thier own unique traits and personalities.

Seriously though, why is that such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

I think the concept of the "Fairer sex" plays a role. Women are looked at as too emotional to do anything other than our nails and hair.

To put it in a word: misogyny.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think the concept of the "Fairer sex" plays a role. Women are looked at as too emotional to do anything other than our nails and hair.

To put it in a word: misogyny.

Seriously, I really hate it when some people see women in such way because it's very underrating for me. Women deserve better. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, Kane99 said:

So odd to be selling nail polish, but I see a lot of men and women wearing it, so I can see some gamers being into this. And we all know there was probably collectors attempting to buy these up by the handful so they can price them double on ebay or something. It's not my thing, but to each their own. 

Yeah, you're very correct there about how collectors work and play. There is always target set at end of their gaming. 

Kind of crazy to think there are gamers actually buying things they don't need just for a skin. Especially one that looks like just a different colour to the normal Halo skins that you can get for free. Hopefully this promotion doesn't become something that a lot of developers try to copy.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Kind of crazy to think there are gamers actually buying things they don't need just for a skin. Especially one that looks like just a different colour to the normal Halo skins that you can get for free. Hopefully this promotion doesn't become something that a lot of developers try to copy.

Seriously, it's not really that crazy in my eyes because I have seen gamers do a lot worse when it comes to silly spending on games they are not supposed to. 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, Darth said:

When gamers buy into it, then it's something that's going to be a good fit for other developers to make use of. They all want to make money. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's not really that crazy in my eyes because I have seen gamers do a lot worse when it comes to silly spending on games they are not supposed to. 

Very true on that. I've seen a few too many Reddit posts about people spending hundreds, thousands even on in-game items which is just crazy to me. I mean, they're welcome to do what they want since it's their money but it really is encouraging developers to stick more useless content in games.

5 hours ago, Darth said:

Very true on that. I've seen a few too many Reddit posts about people spending hundreds, thousands even on in-game items which is just crazy to me. I mean, they're welcome to do what they want since it's their money but it really is encouraging developers to stick more useless content in games.

I have a friend who plays Top Eleven Football Manager and he spends more than £1000 on the game on monthly basis. Like it's very crazy!! 

Did they fix the error they made and get them the correct halo skin? Honestly I can see many wanting to collect a jar of nail polish. People are weird. But I know men and women who like to wear nail polish, so to me, this doesn't seem as weird. I'd find it more weird that some games and other forms of media have offered dumber things, like condoms, or pens or something. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Did they fix the error they made and get them the correct halo skin? Honestly I can see many wanting to collect a jar of nail polish. People are weird. But I know men and women who like to wear nail polish, so to me, this doesn't seem as weird. I'd find it more weird that some games and other forms of media have offered dumber things, like condoms, or pens or something. 

You're very correct about some men liking to wear nail 💅 polish. A guy in my neighborhood likes them very well and his nails are quite long.