Register Now
StormyFire

Kids gaming

11 hours ago, StormyFire said:

Do you think that young kids should be playing games, or do you think that it's harmful?

I can't help but gawk at the irony. 30 years ago, people were complaining that video games "as kids toys" were getting too violent. And you know what, they were right. Video games were different back then, they were toys. It's not like today where they are regarded a they should be, as an entertainment media with each "expression" made for a specific audience. So, whilst you are wrong, there is no reason kids should be playing games rated for adults, but if they do the responsibility for kids playing games rated for adults lay solely with the parents.

Edited by Shagger

23 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I can't help but gawk at the irony. 30 years ago, people were complaining that video games "as kids toys" were getting too violent. And you know what, they were right. Video games were different back then, they were toys. It's not like today where they are regarded a they should be, as an entertainment media with each "expression" made for a specific audience. So, whilst you are wrong, there is no reason kids shouldn't be playing games rated for adults, the reasonability for kids playing games rated for adults lay solely wit the parents.

Whwn it comes to blaming things: First it was Rock music, then it was dungeons and dragon's, now it's video games.

Edited by Techno

8 hours ago, StormyFire said:

Do you think that young kids should be playing games, or do you think that it's harmful?

No i don't think it's harmful, aslong it's not online and granted the games are for their age group. I don't have kids but if i had i'd start out with kinect games as their first gaming experience.

I think internet (and social media) is more harmful for a kid then videogames.

34 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I agree it’s the parent’s responsibility and games have ratings, so what more is there to do? Kids have gotten into trouble long before games or even tv was invented. Just blame the parents for everything. Bad behavior starts at home. 

That's correct - parents should be the ones teaching their kids about ethics and how to conduct themselves instead of trying to blame video games.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:26 AM, StormyFire said:

As long as you are able to monitor what your kids play, it's definitely going make their gaming a healthy experience and exercise for them. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I started playing video games as a 4 year old, way back in 2006, I don't think such changed my mental reasoning. My parents controlled how I played the game, that's why I didn't lose my guard playing games. 

Some parents overlook what they are supposed to do especially when it comes to regulating the kind of games their kids are supposed to play and it's very wrong.