Register Now
Yaramaki

Did you ever have sleepless nights or nightmares from playing a certain game?

On 5/17/2022 at 7:39 AM, Heatman said:

The problem with me is that I don't like watching any kind of movie with anyone. I prefer doing it alone. Having anyone around gets me distracted. 

That must be very difficult as long as you don't live alone. You would be forced to watch more in the night when most people have slept off but you would have to sacrifice your sleep time for it. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

That must be very difficult as long as you don't live alone. You would be forced to watch more in the night when most people have slept off but you would have to sacrifice your sleep time for it. 

At one point, I got so used to it. No matter how deep in the night the game kept me awake, I wouldn't feel the side effects in the morning. The first time I played Alien Isolation around 3:00 AM, I went about doing my daily activities like nothing happened last night. 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:37 AM, Heatman said:

At one point, I got so used to it. No matter how deep in the night the game kept me awake, I wouldn't feel the side effects in the morning. The first time I played Alien Isolation around 3:00 AM, I went about doing my daily activities like nothing happened last night. 

You should try and be getting enough sleep mate. Not sleeping well will be detrimental to your health. The games can wait and nothing is going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You should try and be getting enough sleep mate. Not sleeping well will be detrimental to your health. The games can wait and nothing is going to happen. 

I don't really force myself not to sleep. It's only when I'm stark awake and not feeling sleepy at all deep in the night that I go into playing such video games at the same time. 

I have been scared enough in my life to the extent that getting afraid of anything is highly impossible right now.

I'm not sure if there's any kind of video game that's ever going to be capable of making me feel scared of the night nor talk about making me lose my sleep.

I might just feel sad about what happened in the game but it's never going to be enough to keep me from sleeping.

I get scared easily and it's why I'm not usually interested in watching anything that's horror related. The same thing goes for video games as well. If it's a horror video game genre, it's never for me because I would have it disturb my sleep which is something I dread so much. I can play adventure games with suspense but never a horror game. 

13 hours ago, Maxi said:

I have been scared enough in my life to the extent that getting afraid of anything is highly impossible right now.

I'm not sure if there's any kind of video game that's ever going to be capable of making me feel scared of the night nor talk about making me lose my sleep.

I might just feel sad about what happened in the game but it's never going to be enough to keep me from sleeping.

This is something that's applicable to me as well. I started out seeing horror stories and even novels as well as movies when I was a lot younger. With time, I got so used to it all that they hardly pinch me now with fright. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I get scared easily and it's why I'm not usually interested in watching anything that's horror related. The same thing goes for video games as well. If it's a horror video game genre, it's never for me because I would have it disturb my sleep which is something I dread so much. I can play adventure games with suspense but never a horror game. 

You can start with playing light horror games and see how you adjust to it. If it goes well, then you can take up much complex horror games and give it a run for their money. 

12 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You can start with playing light horror games and see how you adjust to it. If it goes well, then you can take up much complex horror games and give it a run for their money. 

If he's got a phobia for horror games, there wouldn't be anything like light horror for him, as all of them would have the same effect of creeping him out. 

xD the only sleepless nights I get is when I stay up through the night playing my video game. Scary movies or games with that effect doesn't really work on me and besides I like to play Scary games and see horror movies at night. xD

On 5/24/2022 at 7:06 PM, Boblee said:

If would be kind enough to give me good recommendations on such light horror video games like you called them, I would be willing to look them up and try it. 

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If would be kind enough to give me good recommendations on such light horror video games like you called them, I would be willing to look them up and try it. 

You can look into getting the following games ;

Black Book 

Survival Z

Cozy Grove 

The Pathless