Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you think VR is over-hyped?

14 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Kind of doubt it, 10 years ago we also tought 3D TV's would become the norm see how that went. Unless VR sets gets cheaper you are not going to get big masses to buy it.

Maybe i'm looking wrong but i don't really see a whole lot of publicity for Vr to be honest, yes i noticed sony is in the process of making ps5 vr set but that was just a news flash, not an ad. Besides why would they market it for a console you can't even buy the "normal" way.

The major problem I see there is the cost at which they sell them. It's really making it very hard for gamers to get into it. 

21 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

That's because you needed to buy an entire different and expensive TV for that experience whereas with VR you just have the headset.

VR headset sales have started growing rapidly from last year as well:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/653390/worldwide-virtual-and-augmented-reality-headset-shipments/

I

Eventually, gamers are going to embrace it more and then get into buying it as time progressed. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, with the time, they would even prefect the VR headset and it might be cheaper at the time, making it easier for gamers to get it. 

Do you know the current price of PS4 compatible VR headset? Even if it's the lowest in price value, just give me an estimate. 

37 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Everything is documented and updated online, at Amazon or eBay, the price of any VR headset is there. 

The product is still very expensive and it's one of the biggest challenges that most gamers are facing with it and not buying it. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

The product is still very expensive and it's one of the biggest challenges that most gamers are facing with it and not buying it. 

It's frustrating thou with what you've said so far. The reason is that, you can't spend more than you earn, it doesn't work out that way. Most gamers can't afford a product of such calibre especially the average gamers. Maybe at some point in the future it can come down in price and affordable somehow. 

18 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It's frustrating thou with what you've said so far. The reason is that, you can't spend more than you earn, it doesn't work out that way. Most gamers can't afford a product of such calibre especially the average gamers. Maybe at some point in the future it can come down in price and affordable somehow. 

It's not cheap and it's out of everywhere. I'm not sure even if scalpers have them available for sale now. 

22 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's not cheap and it's out of everywhere. I'm not sure even if scalpers have them available for sale now. 

Their is no need to feel over what we can't afford now, if I can't afford it now, it means I have to work more harder to acquire it in the future. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no need to feel over what we can't afford now, if I can't afford it now, it means I have to work more harder to acquire it in the future. 

It's why getting VR headset isn't what I'm looking at getting now because it doesn't suit my gaming needs for now. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why getting VR headset isn't what I'm looking at getting now because it doesn't suit my gaming needs for now. 

With the cost at which VR headset is sold at, it's something that can never be placed to be overrated. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Same goes to me, it doesn't suit my gaming needs at the moment. I am enjoying my console with normal headset, and at times I enjoy the music sounding out.

Also with VR, prices are dropping like crazy, meaning that more people can jump into the hobby. Where once, it used to be thousands of dollars just to make it a reality, but now you can buy $300 priced VR headsets that work great. 

VR is going to become much more accessible in the future. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Also with VR, prices are dropping like crazy, meaning that more people can jump into the hobby. Where once, it used to be thousands of dollars just to make it a reality, but now you can buy $300 priced VR headsets that work great. 

VR is going to become much more accessible in the future. 

Seriously, it's something that a lot of gamers have looked up to and with how things are going, they will be able to have the fun they have been left out of for a while.