Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you think VR is over-hyped?

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, it's something that a lot of gamers have looked up to and with how things are going, they will be able to have the fun they have been left out of for a while. 

And just wait, the next 4-5 years we may see even more bargain style headsets released. I don't know if VR headsets will reach $100 or below, but you never know. maybe one day they will drop a lot in price. 

On 2/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, Kane99 said:

Also with VR, prices are dropping like crazy, meaning that more people can jump into the hobby. Where once, it used to be thousands of dollars just to make it a reality, but now you can buy $300 priced VR headsets that work great. 

VR is going to become much more accessible in the future. 

Seriously, I really felt bad when VR headset was introduced but it was too expensive, if not I would have gotten it by now. 

44 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

How much did you see it when you checked out for the price at the store? 

Oculus Quest 2 was around $299 when I had it checked out last on Amazon. It was too expensive for me even now. 

Like others have said, VR is so young that it’s really hard to say it’s bad right now. It’s like looking at PS1 game graphics and saying they sucked compared to today’s standards. Give it time to evolve and become what one would expect with today’s graphics 

10 hours ago, Syntax said:

Like others have said, VR is so young that it’s really hard to say it’s bad right now. It’s like looking at PS1 game graphics and saying they sucked compared to today’s standards. Give it time to evolve and become what one would expect with today’s graphics 

Definitely with time, they are definitely going to get it to work right and for the right price so that all gamers will jump into it. 

16 hours ago, Syntax said:

Some gamers feels like they are rushing the VR set up and it's only going to get worst if they don't do it well. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Let's exercise some patience since VR headset is still young. I believe changes will come through it, which gonna make it worthwhile for use. 

Seriously, the time is all that the developers need to perfect everything they need to do on VR headset. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Let's exercise some patience since VR headset is still young. I believe changes will come through it, which gonna make it worthwhile for use. 

I'd say it already is. People love VR right now. It's not perfect for sure, but it's already at a stage where I'm very eager about. Plus, affordability will be a big key into the future, as we know VR is going to have to lower in price eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I'd say it already is. People love VR right now. It's not perfect for sure, but it's already at a stage where I'm very eager about. Plus, affordability will be a big key into the future, as we know VR is going to have to lower in price eventually. 

Yeah it's something that I feel the same way towards as well. It's just the cost of it that's the major challenge for now. 

It's hard for me to feel a certain way about VR because I haven't been able to try it out properly. My only experience was one of those cheap headset things where you put your phone into it and it just wasn't a good experience. I would love to try out a proper VR headset though.

Just now, Darth said:

It's hard for me to feel a certain way about VR because I haven't been able to try it out properly. My only experience was one of those cheap headset things where you put your phone into it and it just wasn't a good experience. I would love to try out a proper VR headset though.

I believe that once the current price of VR headset drops very well, most gamers would be able to get it and have a better gaming experience with it.