Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Would be cool if Saints Row and Red Faction merged/Ultor as antagonist

Any fans of Red Faction? I loved that game. And I kept coming across the name Ultor while playing Saints Row 2 and it finally clicked. Saints Row and Red Faction are both made by Volition and Ultor is the primary antagonist in Red Faction and Saints Row 2. Romans had a Temple of Mars called Ultor, which fits into Red Faction and how Ultor corp. tried to enslave workers and control everything on Mars. I wondered why Saints Row turned into an alien shooting gallery in Saints Row 4. I don't know if there is a tie-in for that game, but I can see the series merging with Red Faction if they branch out into extraterrestrial themes. What do you think about the possibility of merging? Cause it doesn't look like there will be another Red Faction game unless the popularity of Saints Row can bring it back. I haven't played Saints Row 4 and it looks they got all wacky with the aliens, but maybe there is some depth to it. I think it would be a good thing if Volition merged the two. Ultor is a good super villain corporation. Maybe they can bring the ganstas to Mars. Intriguing creativity could happen here. 

I think it's all but confirmed they're one and the same in some capacity, and it's all the more believable with how unbelievable Saints Row became. I'd be interested in a short game or DLC where we can be members of Ultor Corp, and how they have to deal with the worlds they're in, either Red Faction or Saints Row. The more serious and down-to-Earth (or Mars), the better.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, Withywarlock said:

I think it's all but confirmed they're one and the same in some capacity, and it's all the more believable with how unbelievable Saints Row became. I'd be interested in a short game or DLC where we can be members of Ultor Corp, and how they have to deal with the worlds they're in, either Red Faction or Saints Row. The more serious and down-to-Earth (or Mars), the better.

Being down to Mars would be my favorite perfect pick that's going to have more design impact on the game.