Register Now
NightmareFarm

When do you think these graphics will become the norm?

In some respect graphics is already better than that.

1. The CGI of the cars actually looks much worse than top racing games of yesteryear.
  2. The animations are also not that great, for example TLOU2 has far superior character animations.
  3. And the character models are comparable in Detroit Become Human

So individually we already seen everything done this good or even better. The only thing that is better than what I've already seen in games available currently is the ray traced lighting.

2 hours ago, m76 said:

In some respect graphics is already better than that.

1. The CGI of the cars actually looks much worse than top racing games of yesteryear.
  2. The animations are also not that great, for example TLOU2 has far superior character animations.
  3. And the character models are comparable in Detroit Become Human

So individually we already seen everything done this good or even better. The only thing that is better than what I've already seen in games available currently is the ray traced lighting.

The character models aren't that good in the car chase scene but in general everything else easily outdoes anything on 8th gen. In racing games you can still tell it's a game, here at some points it's impossible for someone to tell if it's a movie or not. This is movie level photorealism. The character models in the cutscene before the chase is also much better than anything on 8th gen. We've reached argumented reality graphics.

le-moteur-unreal-engine-5-fait-le-specta

image.thumb.png.232cccdc3e059f2b69138563673fc534.png

Edited by NightmareFarm

13 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

To make the Matrix demo on unreal engine 5, it took over a year with over 20 employees. So you can imagine the time it would take to make a full game of that caliber. And to see it in regular use will be at least a few years from now. I think they are actually combining real footage into gameplay. 

Not to mention it was very basic gameplay layered over what looked like very scripted cinematic scenarios. As impressive as those graphics were, even with AAA budgets developers being able to practically make good, dynamic games like that is years away.

Edited by Shagger

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

To make the Matrix demo on unreal engine 5, it took over a year with over 20 employees. So you can imagine the time it would take to make a full game of that caliber. And to see it in regular use will be at least a few years from now. I think they are actually combining real footage into gameplay. 

The car chase scene is all gameplay and in engine. The "what really is real" cutscene footage before that is in engine as well.

6 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

The car chase scene is all gameplay and in engine. The "what really is real" cutscene footage before that is in engine as well.

In engine cutscene is still a cutscene. Different rules apply to it than fully interactive environments.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:58 AM, NightmareFarm said:

I would say 2025, maybe 2024 but we will start seeing a few games which look like this in 2023. It's going to take a while before developers manage to pump out this insane photorealistic graphics on next gen consoles. 

I think that with time, they are definitely going to be capable of making such graphics obtainable in games looking at how fast they are progressing. Detroit Become Human is a good example of how good they are getting. 

1 hour ago, m76 said:

In engine cutscene is still a cutscene. Different rules apply to it than fully interactive environments.

Yeah but for cutscene standards it's head and shoulders above anything on 8th gen. It's photorealistic.

Heck even the car chase gameplay footage looks better and more cinematic than a cutscene on 8th gen.

Edited by NightmareFarm

43 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I think that with time, they are definitely going to be capable of making such graphics obtainable in games looking at how fast they are progressing. Detroit Become Human is a good example of how good they are getting. 

Yeah, I mean I don't think this would be shown if the 9th gen consoles weren't capable of pulling it off so there has to be some games that will look like this in the near future. The games that do will be rare and probably run at like 1080p 30fps but we should see it soon.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Things will definitely keep getting better and better when it comes to how good video game's graphics is going to be turning out in the future. 

Yes buddy, graphics is simply integral to video games. I can't imagine myself playing in a blue background, never. Video games have upgraded really well, and no longer in dark.