Register Now
kingpotato

Videogame magazines

I loved PCGamer. Junior and senior year of high school I'd read it in the library, especially for their gaming PC build suggestions. But I never had a subscription, even with any magazines. But PCGamer, hands down. The editors and contributers really put a lot of personality into their work, I found.

Last video game magazine I bought was a 2003 January issue. I have been consistently getting every issue of that same monthly magazine since late 1994. 

Fun fact: by 2003 one issue cost 8 times as much as in 1994. that's 800% inflation in 8 years. OK, I'm exaggerating a bit as the magazine did gain more pages and came bundled with a demo CD and a monthly "free" full version game by the 2000s.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

I loved PCGamer. Junior and senior year of high school I'd read it in the library, especially for their gaming PC build suggestions. But I never had a subscription, even with any magazines. But PCGamer, hands down. The editors and contributers really put a lot of personality into their work, I found.

PC Gamer magazine is always top notch in my opinion. It's why I have been making use of them till date and not thinking of letting them go. 

22 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

The official playstation magazine was trash for the most part but you only bought that because it came with a "free" demo disc.

Can't really add much since i don't live in the usa and the magazines i'd mention nobody would know off.

I never considered them as well because there are far more better options to make use of and get something that's worth it.