Register Now
Jayson

Team Names Being Renamed due to PC

I agree that Confederate Monuments shouldn't be funded with public money.  Nonetheless, the sensitivity stuff can go too far.  For instance, the Washington Redskins were renamed. first The Washington Team, and finally Washington Commanders, a name that the fans hate.   Also, the Cleveland Indians were renamed the Guardians, but I fail to see how "Indians" is offensive.

Well, the Redskins name might have been insulting, but they could have at least come up with a good name like Washington Presidents or Warriors.

I can see some things being offensive like the Redskins. That was always derogatory since the word/term came about. But this PC bullshit has gone way too far. I can't even say that I'm white anymore without making 100 people start crying about it and saying that it's offensive or racist or some other bullshit. This candyass PC bullshit needs to end, and if it has to end in blood, then so fucking be it.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/17/2022 at 3:48 AM, Jayson said:

Well, the Redskins name might have been insulting, but they could have at least come up with a good name like Washington Presidents or Warriors.

How about naming them after one of the native American tribes that they, by your own admission, have been insulting for years. Not being very knowledgeable about native American history I can't what would be best but I think that would be something worth thinking about.

33 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I can see some things being offensive like the Redskins. That was always derogatory since the word/term came about. But this PC bullshit has gone way too far. I can't even say that I'm white anymore without making 100 people start crying about it and saying that it's offensive or racist or some other bullshit. This candyass PC bullshit needs to end, and if it has to end in blood, then so fucking be it.

The major problem with political correctness is coming from people that are out of touch “out of touch syndrome” is what I call it. And since it is those people who have money and power to change things like team names, they are the ones who are out of touch that I’m talking about. And their out of touch stupidity pisses off both sides and especially people on the right who use that ‘out of touch syndrome’ to further justify their racism. And you being angry about being able to say white, falls right into their hands. Because the people may cry fowl about racism, but those at the top make actual decisions in sports, business, etc. they are to blame. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

And you being angry about being able to say white, falls right into their hands

Plus, I want to add that I have no sympathy for people  being afraid to say they are white when it’s obvious. There is a whole population of people afraid to say they are Muslim, Hispanic, Mexican, any Middle Eastern, Jew, half black/white etc. because of all the racism they have endured for generations. And many of them look white, but afraid to even say what they are. So whah whah to whites who want to cry. People are afraid to express their religion, afraid to speak their language, afraid of a lot of things because of a system wide societal oppression. And now whites face a reckoning and whah whah whah. One more privilege to cry about.

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

How can you fail to see 'Indians' is not offensive? Indians come from India, they are not the same as Native Americans. But I agree that the replacement names are stupid. 

Well, people in America know the context of the word Indians and the Indian logo.  They put two and two together.  I don't see how Indians from India would be offended unless they had mental issues.

10 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

How about naming them after one of the native American tribes that they, by your own admission, have been insulting for years. Not being very knowledgeable about native American history I can't what would be best but I think that would be something worth thinking about.

Taking Native Americans totally out of the public sphere isn't a good thing.

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The major problem with political correctness is coming from people that are out of touch “out of touch syndrome” is what I call it. And since it is those people who have money and power to change things like team names, they are the ones who are out of touch that I’m talking about. And their out of touch stupidity pisses off both sides and especially people on the right who use that ‘out of touch syndrome’ to further justify their racism. And you being angry about being able to say white, falls right into their hands. Because the people may cry fowl about racism, but those at the top make actual decisions in sports, business, etc. they are to blame. 

Yeah, people being oversensitive over everything ruins it for legit cases of racism.  In those cases, like with "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", nobody would believe the victims.

29 minutes ago, Jayson said:

Well, people in America know the context of the word Indians and the Indian logo.  They put two and two together.  I don't see how Indians from India would be offended unless they had mental issues.

Cleveland Indians has nothing to do with India. The Chief Wahoo logo and mascot is supposed to represent Native Americans so people thinking the context is ok saying Indians instead of Native Americans is dumb and offensive. What is there to not understand? 

90.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Cleveland Indians has nothing to do with India. The Chief Wahoo logo and mascot is supposed to represent Native Americans so people thinking the context is ok saying Indians instead of Native Americans is dumb and offensive. What is there to not understand? 

Well, I'm not really sure if the above thing is offensive.  I could see how some might compare it to some blackface thing, but I don't know, the anti-Cleaveland thing just seems like people being "too sensitive".   Anyway, if that logo seemed too goofy and comical, maybe disrespectful, then why not a more serious logo?

Edited by Jayson

3 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, I'm not really sure if the above thing is offensive.  I could see how some might compare it to some blackface thing, but I don't know, the anti-Cleaveland thing just seems like people being "too sensitive".   Anyway, if that logo seemed too goofy and comical, maybe disrespectful, then why not a more serious logo?

I admit I was wrong to think those at the top are out of touch with their political correctness; because those that claim the left is too sensitive simply Just Don’t Get It…That’s quite a clarification.

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Plus, I want to add that I have no sympathy for people  being afraid to say they are white when it’s obvious. There is a whole population of people afraid to say they are Muslim, Hispanic, Mexican, any Middle Eastern, Jew, half black/white etc. because of all the racism they have endured for generations. And many of them look white, but afraid to even say what they are. So whah whah to whites who want to cry. People are afraid to express their religion, afraid to speak their language, afraid of a lot of things because of a system wide societal oppression. And now whites face a reckoning and whah whah whah. One more privilege to cry about.

You're damn right. Whites in this country are starting to claim "reverse racism" all the time. What the fuck, exactly, is "reverse" racism? Is that racism against your own ethnicity? Oh no, the crybabies say it's racism against white people. Well fuck you. Get the fuck over it. Who even gives a shit? After all the shit my people have done for so long to anyone who even looks different, we have more than earned any hatred we get. Granted, a single white person may not have any reason to be hated. But whites (American at least) as a race sure as shit do. And if you're too scared to admit who and what you are because you're afraid of some perceived consequences, then stay in fucking bed.

Now I'm not racist against whites. But I am ashamed of the shit we have done. For example, I have a good amount of German heritage, but for the years of 1933-1945 I fully renounce my German heritage.

But as you all know already, I'm the most misanthropic bitch you're ever going to meet. That much I can guarantee.

What was it? "Don't cry over spilled milk". Well people are starting to cry over it because milk is white.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You're damn right. Whites in this country are starting to claim "reverse racism" all the time. What the fuck, exactly, is "reverse" racism? Is that racism against your own ethnicity? Oh no, the crybabies say it's racism against white people. Well fuck you. Get the fuck over it. Who even gives a shit? After all the shit my people have done for so long to anyone who even looks different, we have more than earned any hatred we get. Granted, a single white person may not have any reason to be hated. But whites (American at least) as a race sure as shit do. And if you're too scared to admit who and what you are because you're afraid of some perceived consequences, then stay in fucking bed.

Now I'm not racist against whites. But I am ashamed of the shit we have done. For example, I have a good amount of German heritage, but for the years of 1933-1945 I fully renounce my German heritage.

But as you all know already, I'm the most misanthropic bitch you're ever going to meet. That much I can guarantee.

What was it? "Don't cry over spilled milk". Well people are starting to cry over it because milk is white.

I don't think a lot of whites really comprehend how non-white the world is and how so much of it is shockingly poor.    American whites don't really comprehend simply being born in America is a huge advantage, even if poor.    Well, a lot of Eastern European nations are rather poor, but again, there's the "Western European and American" advantage.

The rich and middle class in America, in general, keep blaming the American poor for being poor.  Now, since American poor communities are plagued with drug use and types of irresponsibility, it's an easy target.  

Edited by Jayson

23 hours ago, Jayson said:

I don't think a lot of whites really comprehend how non-white the world is and how so much of it is shockingly poor. American whites don't really comprehend simply being born in America is a huge advantage, even if poor. Well, a lot of Eastern European nations are rather poor, but again, there's the "Western European and American" advantage.

The rich and middle class in America, in general, keep blaming the American poor for being poor. Now, since American poor communities are plagued with drug use and types of irresponsibility, it's an easy target.

For once, I actually have to agree with you. For the most part at least. The part I STRONGLY disagree, is something you could and would have no knowledge of. You have no idea what it's like to grow up poor in the US. It's not "plagued with drug use and irresponsibility" as you choose to call it. Drug use is actually rather rare. And the irresponsibility that you desire to be there isn't a reality either. The poor may need a hand, but we try our best to get out of poverty and get to a point where we're making a good enough living that we can take care of ourselves and our families, assuming we have any.

Instead of stating false "facts" about a country that you obviously know nothing about, try to learn and end your ignorance. Otherwise, you just make an ass of yourself and look stupid.

Edited by The Blackangel

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

For once, I actually have to agree with you. For the most part at least. The part I STRONGLY disagree, is something you could and would have no knowledge of. You have no idea what it's like to grow up poor in the US. It's not "plagued with drug use and irresponsibility" as you choose to call it. Drug use is actually rather rare. And the irresponsibility that you desire to be there isn't a reality either. The poor may need a hand, but we try our best to get out of poverty and get to a point where we're making a good enough living that we can take care of ourselves and our families, assuming we have any.

Instead of stating false "facts" about a country that you obviously know nothing about, try to learn and end your ignorance. Otherwise, you just make an ass of yourself and look stupid.

The rich and middle class are convinced the poor are lazy, thieves and on drugs.  That's the consensus I get.  Yeah, I believe that's false but a lot of people bask in this fantasy because it justifies their guilt-free money.

10 minutes ago, Jayson said:

The rich and middle class are convinced the poor are lazy, thieves and on drugs.  That's the consensus I get.  Yeah, I believe that's false but a lot of people bask in this fantasy because it justifies their guilt-free money.

There's no point in denying that poorer communities have problems, they do.  That's because they are poorer communities.  I'm not going to get into details here because it is case by case and the actual issues are different depending on where you go.  However you can, very loosely, generalize it with poverty = desperation.  It's not bad people but a bad situation.  The only way out of it is for the community to work it's way out of it but this takes years, even generations to accomplish.