Register Now
Jayson

Team Names Being Renamed due to PC

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

There's no point in denying that poorer communities have problems, they do.  That's because they are poorer communities.  I'm not going to get into details here because it is case by case and the actual issues are different depending on where you go.  However you can, very loosely, generalize it with poverty = desperation.  It's not bad people but a bad situation.  The only way out of it is for the community to work it's way out of it but this takes years, even generations to accomplish.

Believe me.  The rich and middle class seem to generalize poverty the way I explained.   They have nearly no sympathy for the poor - unless they are some "pets" who kiss up to them personally.

14 hours ago, Jayson said:

Believe me.  The rich and middle class seem to generalize poverty the way I explained.   They have nearly no sympathy for the poor - unless they are some "pets" who kiss up to them personally.

You are a fucking idiot for thinking the middle class has no sympathy for the poor because most middle class have worked their way from the poor on to being the middle class through education and skills. I'll rephrase for you; the poor and middle-class have nearly no sympathy for the rich. 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:48 AM, Jayson said:

I agree that Confederate Monuments shouldn't be funded with public money.  Nonetheless, the sensitivity stuff can go too far.  For instance, the Washington Redskins were renamed. first The Washington Team, and finally Washington Commanders, a name that the fans hate.   Also, the Cleveland Indians were renamed the Guardians, but I fail to see how "Indians" is offensive.

Well, the Redskins name might have been insulting, but they could have at least come up with a good name like Washington Presidents or Warriors.

What gives you the right to decide whether those names are offensive or not when you are (clearly) not a Native American?

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

What gives you the right to decide whether those names are offensive or not when you are (clearly) not a Native American?

Thank you. If that's not offensive then the Washington Honkys or Washington Niggers wouldnt be offensive either. If you aren't part of >insert ethnicity< then you can never know what's offensive. A lot of black people use that word casually, often as a greeting to each other. But I guarantee they would ALL be pissed if a team was named that. The NAACP would be exploding in protest. And a lot of white people find the word Honky just as offensive. I am one. I'm a lily white cracker gray bitch, but I won't tolerate being called Honky. I've knocked people out for that.

TL/DR - Until you walk in a person's shoes, don't try to say what's offensive to them.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:29 AM, Shagger said:

That's an attempt to discredit whatever I'm saying.  It's like when this South African white was annoyed cause he said unless you've visited his nation, you have no right to comment.  Well, I agree somethings are being nosy, but it's unavoidable to comment on the news.