Register Now
Jayson

Movies You Thought were Good but Critics Didn't Like

In fact, not only critics may have hated, but often most people.  Well, I liked Cabin Boy and thought it was funny as crap, but I guess that's just my weird sense of humor.   What are some movies you got something out of that nobody else did?   Why do you feel that was the case?

Pain and Gain. I love that movie, and have watched it more than any other since it was released. Its such an energetic, overblown, tightly edited and shot satire on the American dream. There's so much humour in it. Awesome soundtrack too.

Lots of people really dump on Shadow in the Cloud starring Chloë Grace Moretz and granted it's definitely not perfect but found it enjoyable.  The major problem with it the whole supernatural creature element to it.  I think if they had just kept the focus on Moretz's character dealing with the misogyny of pears, being stuck in that claustrophobic B-17 Bull Turret while everything was going wrong an maybe leaving the audience guessing if that "gremlin" was real it would have turned out better.

16 hours ago, egghead said:

There is one Bollywood movie that the critics hated, but I really liked it.

And that movie would be.....................?

If you're going to make a comment like this, then give the title. That way others can also check out the movie you're talking about. We're not mind readers. Posting in this way is a waste of time. Offer up all of the information, or don't post. I hate having to tell you this, as I believe you have been told several times to finish your posts before you click submit. Half of the information doesn't cut it.

You liked it, critics hated it. Ok. We have that established. What fucking movie was it? We are lacking that.

If this was a video game we were talking about here and I said "There is one game I really like but I don't think anyone else here would like it because of what it is." Would that seem like a well thought out reply? Would you be able to gauge whether you would like the game or not without knowing what game it is?

TL/DR - Finish your god damn posts people.

Revenge of the Sith, I actually think that it's the fourth best Star Wars film. It definitely has it's problems, but it's far more mature, which was a nice change of pace to be honest.

Their are so many movies like that, which I watched but to others it wasn't a good game. 'Merlin was just that way, the master of disguise, the Irishman etc. Their are more of them, but this ones are the options I could remember.