Register Now
Jayson

Are gyms too soft on people?

Planet Fitness makes a note of being a gym for people who hate gyms, but why shouldn't people be tough enough to handle normal gyms? Well, myself, I admit gyms can be obnoxious.  In fact, they are goofy environments as much as portrayed on one Beevis and Butthead parody.  Nonetheless, words and looks are just that.  Why should that bother those who don't fit in at gyms?

I think everybody understands that beginners start out easier on weights.  I was just saying there is this idea that gyms are full of bullies who want to attack - for whatever reason.  For instance, there might be people who just come across as not being "gym types".

Some people are just intimidated by gyms. People will have their various reasons as to why and I don't think it makes sense to try and put that down by simply saying ignore it. When someone wants to start out, some will be worried that they are going to be judged or laughed at so it makes sense to try and market towards them

On 3/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, Knight Barida said:

We have to understand that not everyone will be fit enough to handle the normal drills at the gyms. This is the major reason soft drills plans like this exist. We should focus more on what the tend to achieve which is keeping the body and soul in order.

I don't think there's any normal drills at average gyms.  Basically, Planet Fitness is catering to people who don't like gym elitism.  In other words, at a lot of gyms you get this feeling you don't belong.    However, people who support traditional gyms think people should tough it out and earn respect.  Do you all feel that way?

However, though, some obese people might feel extremely unwelcome at a gym, so I can sort of understand the feeling.

I wouldn't think more about that, their are people who burn gym down as if they're life is there, I enjoyed it in the past when I tried seeking robust body stature, but my coach warned me about it's consequences in the football pitch, that's why I stopped.