Register Now
Jayson

Product Placement on TV/Movies

This is basically where the placement of major brands is just too obvious.  Now, I don't know if companies are getting a payoff for this, but they probably are.   Anyway, seeing a blatant placement of KFC on "Grown Ups" is just so goofy.   

How do you feel about product placements?   I think they are obnoxious on movies.

I don't mind it if it's done discretely and it's not too in your face. For example, someone just drinking or eating a popular brand wouldn't annoy me. But if they go out of their way to promote the product, it's just a huge no no. 

On 2/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, Darth said:

I don't mind it if it's done discretely and it's not too in your face. For example, someone just drinking or eating a popular brand wouldn't annoy me. But if they go out of their way to promote the product, it's just a huge no no. 

The product placement in Grown Ups is very blatant.    Well, if the product placement is so "in your face" then doesn't that ruin the movie?  Surely, that must annoy a lot of people.  Finally, what are the companies getting?  We will seemingly never know!

1 hour ago, Jayson said:

The product placement in Grown Ups is very blatant.    Well, if the product placement is so "in your face" then doesn't that ruin the movie?  Surely, that must annoy a lot of people.  Finally, what are the companies getting?  We will seemingly never know!

Marketing and customers that want their products. I think it was Stranger Things that had product placement for KFC and it was awful because they made it way too obvious by getting the characters to talk about it as well. But even though they did that and it annoyed me, I was hungry for some fried chicken lol

The Simpsons doesn't have product placement that I know of.  You know Duff's beer?  Are there other Simpson's only products?  Are there real versions of the products?

Edited by Jayson