Register Now
Jayson

The Trucker Strike in Canada

On this board, I'm assuming most major posters are against the truckers.  This is basically an anti-vax strike.  Anyway, Trudeau, has already instituted extreme measures to combat the situation with many people saying it's government overreach and totalitarianism.

Edited by Jayson

On 2/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, Jayson said:

On this board, I'm assuming most major posters are against the truckers.

I didn't even get though one sentence before I felt compelled to respond. Why on earth would that be true? Driving HGV's is a job. A demanding job with it's own unique challenges, but still no more nor less than a job. So why would anyone on VGR take issue with people doing this profession? And more to the point, why do you think we on VGR would take issue with that? I genuinely do not know what the assumption is that lives in your mind about this, but what I do know is that if anyone is guilty of prejudice here, it's you.

Anyway, continuing to read...

This is basically an anti-vax strike.

... and it makes even less sense now. Unless there is something I'm missing? Maybe the next sentence will clear this up;

Anyway, Trudeau, has already instituted extreme measures to combat the situation with many people saying it's government overreach and totalitarianism.

OK, if you want to bring up a discussion a bout a certain political situation, the first thing need to do is, well, bring up that political situation. You don't just leave cryptic references to the situation that is clearly closer to your mind than the actual subject to the of thread itself.

And that's the tip of an iceberg. This, quite frankly is the laziest, most cryptic post concerning this kind of subject matter I ever seen on VGR. Setting aside the prejudice statement you made against the entire community you started you post with, Canadian truckers are on strike. OK, why are the on strike? Who is this industrial Acton against? How do you feel about it? Why do you fell that way? Who/what/ware is Trudeau? What is there extreme measures to "combat" the situation? Why do you consider them extreme? Who specially is referring to this as "government overreach and totalitarianism"? Why do they feel that way? Do you agree or not agree? Why do you agree or not agree? Where's your reference and articles to the situation to compile and complete the facts? Then, and only then, enquire to others about how they feel about it.

Quite literally @Jayson, all you opening post was is a direct and deliberate insult to the entire VGR community, then some very lazy, very vague and cryptic refences to a certain situation you can't expect the whole community to have full frame of reference on. And you know what, I'm NOT going to tolerate it.

This thread will locked and will not reopen unless you @Jayson send me a re-write of you origonal post that must;

• Give a basic, but full description of the Truckers strike and why it's happening.
  • Include external references so people can look up the facts.
  • Stick to the topic. Don't bring up anti-vaxing unless it's actually got something directly to do with this situation.
  • And most importantly, not insult the entire forum with an a prejudiced presumption.

You have 2 days, or I'll just delete the thread.

Edited by Shagger

I want to add to what @Shagger said.

• First off, what does Trudeax  have to do with the American convoy to DC? They didn't cross to Canada, unless that happened last night, and I just haven't heard about it yet.
  • Second, I'm giving you an official warning. Your posts have been racist, generally bigoted, misogynistic, and generally offensive to the entire forum. Continuing in this manner will result in further action beyond a warning.