Register Now
NightmareFarm

what games do you think are good that everyone else hates

2 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

People complain that it was rushed, the story was a mess and there are some complaints about the gameplay too i think. 

Well, that's not to me. It's individual differences with seeing the games that way. Final Fantasy 15 is as good as Final Fantasy 7 for me. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Well, that's not to me. It's individual differences with seeing the games that way. Final Fantasy 15 is as good as Final Fantasy 7 for me. 

I agree 100% that FF15 is as good as 7.  I really liked the villain and the action based combat is much more exciting.

Hating is such a big word but i know these got slammed by reviews at the time, i like them :

Harvest moon : light of hope

harvest moon : one world

Ac Unity

Any sherlock holmes game

Dynasty warriors 9

Grid (2019)

Far cry primal

Blacksad under the skin

Two worlds II

sure there is a lot of old stuff i could come up with!

On 2/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, Yaramaki said:

What's wrong with final fantasy 15?

On 2/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, NightmareFarm said:

People complain that it was rushed, the story was a mess and there are some complaints about the gameplay too i think. 

It's got some problems but I think it was decent overall.  There are certainly characters and story arcs that felt underdeveloped and rushed.  Also without looking the summoning conditions up online you would have no idea how to do them.  In fact (and this pure, I NEVER looked them up) the only one ever managed to do was Ramuh and it was pretty much exclusively through blind luck.

On the plus side the combat was fun if a little repetitive, it looked great and it did feel like a proper boy's own adventure.  The characters despite their obvious and privilege and decadence were still likable.  Square Enix did take the time to fix some of the gameplay issues like the restrictive driving mechanics with free patches post launch.  I understand the mixed opinions about it but I think it's a decent addition to the franchise.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

Hating is such a big word but i know these got slammed by reviews at the time, i like them :

Harvest moon : light of hope

harvest moon : one world

Ac Unity

Any sherlock holmes game

Dynasty warriors 9

Grid (2019)

Far cry primal

Blacksad under the skin

Two worlds II

sure there is a lot of old stuff i could come up with!

If I had a PS4 at the time I would have probably got AC Unity. The french setting, parkour and co-op assassin gameplay looked good.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, Boblee said:

I wonder who wouldn't love both Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy XV. They are by far the best among the series. 

Deus Ex Invisible War: The sequel to the greatest videogame ever is generally considered a failure, and most people dismissed it. While it is certainly not nearly as good as the original it is still an above average game, that deserved much more. I really enjoyed some aspects of it, it expanded on the concept of being able to play multiple sides, and in case you don't know it was one of the first big games that I know of that allowed the player to choose the gender of the protagonist.

Mass Effect Andromeda: This game really got the short end of the stick when it released, a bunch of 'influencers' convinced everyone that it is terrible and that was it for the game. While it certainly has some glaring issues it is still a very enjoyable game, and far better, than the generally well received Dragon Age Inquisition.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: This was a typical case of wrong time at the wrong place. The game is simply loathed because it was not what the so called fans expected.They rejected the futuristic sci-fi concept. For me this was one of the most profound single player experiences, it might have been short but very impactful.

Dragon Age 2: Maybe not everyone hated this, but still there was a lot of outcry about EA ruining dragon age when this game dropped. I couldn't disagree more, I absolutely loved this game, despite the recycled maps. The combat was much more fluid and fast paced and less based on luck, and the story is much more interesting than of the first game. This is my favorite Dragon Age by far.

Ghost Recon Wildlands: Narco Road: OK, this is not exactly a full game, only a DLC, but one containing a full campaign that is longer than many other stand alone games. But everyone told me I shouldn't buy this because it is terrible. Well, I did it anyway, and this is why I never listen to the hype or hate anymore as this ended up being my favorite part of the game. Much more visceral, hard, and engaging, than the base game or the other expansion, Fallen Ghosts. I loved those too, but this is the real deal, getting to go undercover in the drug cartel, and being completely alone, not able to rely on anyone but yourself. It was a brutal experience, and the ending is the icing on the cake.

Terminator Resistance: This game opened to middling to outright hostile reviews, from all major publications, but all I've seen in it is a well intentioned oldschool shooter, that doesn't want to be more than that. And the result is a really enjoyable experience, that reignited memories of the old Terminator Future Shock / Skynet games.

I'm not sure if The Last of Us II and Cyberpunk 2077 counts as hated, or more like divisive, so I'll only mention them because I enjoyed both very much, they really made 2020 a worthy year for gaming, unlike the disaster that was 2021.

Edited by m76

8 hours ago, m76 said:

Deus Ex Invisible War: The sequel to the greatest videogame ever is generally considered a failure, and most people dismissed it. While it is certainly not nearly as good as the original it is still an above average game, that deserved much more. I really enjoyed some aspects of it, it expanded on the concept of being able to play multiple sides, and in case you don't know it was one of the first big games that I know of that allowed the player to choose the gender of the protagonist.

Mass Effect Andromeda: This game really got the short end of the stick when it released, a bunch of 'influencers' convinced everyone that it is terrible and that was it for the game. While it certainly has some glaring issues it is still a very enjoyable game, and far better, than the generally well received Dragon Age Inquisition.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare: This was a typical case of wrong time at the wrong place. The game is simply loathed because it was not what the so called fans expected.They rejected the futuristic sci-fi concept. For me this was one of the most profound single player experiences, it might have been short but very impactful.

Dragon Age 2: Maybe not everyone hated this, but still there was a lot of outcry about EA ruining dragon age when this game dropped. I couldn't disagree more, I absolutely loved this game, despite the recycled maps. The combat was much more fluid and fast paced and less based on luck, and the story is much more interesting than of the first game. This is my favorite Dragon Age by far.

Ghost Recon Wildlands: Narco Road: OK, this is not exactly a full game, only a DLC, but one containing a full campaign that is longer than many other stand alone games. But everyone told me I shouldn't buy this because it is terrible. Well, I did it anyway, and this is why I never listen to the hype or hate anymore as this ended up being my favorite part of the game. Much more visceral, hard, and engaging, than the base game or the other expansion, Fallen Ghosts. I loved those too, but this is the real deal, getting to go undercover in the drug cartel, and being completely alone, not able to rely on anyone but yourself. It was a brutal experience, and the ending is the icing on the cake.

Terminator Resistance: This game opened to middling to outright hostile reviews, from all major publications, but all I've seen in it is a well intentioned oldschool shooter, that doesn't want to be more than that. And the result is a really enjoyable experience, that reignited memories of the old Terminator Future Shock / Skynet games.

I'm not sure if The Last of Us II and Cyberpunk 2077 counts as hated, or more like divisive, so I'll only mention them because I enjoyed both very much, they really made 2020 a worthy year for gaming, unlike the disaster that was 2021.

You're quite right about 2021 being a major disaster in the gaming industry but you see Cyberpunk 2077, there is no love found between us because of how the game had been ever since its release till today. 

On 2/21/2022 at 5:18 PM, NightmareFarm said:

If I had a PS4 at the time I would have probably got AC Unity. The french setting, parkour and co-op assassin gameplay looked good.

It's Never to late to try it on my man. Pretty sure you can get the game dirt cheap on ebay/gamestop or wherever you want