Register Now
Jayson

Being Talked Down to

I know several people who talk down to people like they are the boss.  Do you tolerate this stuff?  Well, it could be tolerable if you actually work for them.  Anyway, if I talked to people this way, people would throw rocks in my window.  Obviously, people with this attitude live in a bubble, sheltered from a lot of people who would not put up with their mouth.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, The Blackangel said:

Are you referring to anyone specific............?

I'm whining about some in my family, sorry.  Well, they are incredibly condescending people.   They think everyone they look down on is a kid.  It's not racism, but it sure is similar   I think it's the product of being snooty + having kids for too long.

I don't like looking down on people, because I am living more comfortable, never. And I wouldn't like it too when someone looks down on me. I am not working offline, most of the time, I do remote gigs, and I'm happy working as a freelancer, and my remote employers aren't looking down on me. 

It depends on the situation.

Most of the time I let it go and just let my knowledge speak for itself. Other times, I'll same something like, 'Yeah, I got that.' If it's really bad, I'd probably say something direct about it, but Ive never been in that position.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:04 AM, Empire said:

It depends on the situation.

Most of the time I let it go and just let my knowledge speak for itself. Other times, I'll same something like, 'Yeah, I got that.' If it's really bad, I'd probably say something direct about it, but Ive never been in that position.

I'm a hell of a lot more aggressive than you are. I get violent. If you want to talk shit, you should at least have the decency to do it out of earshot. If you do it around the person, you open yourself up to getting hurt.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm a hell of a lot more aggressive than you are. I get violent. If you want to talk shit, you should at least have the decency to do it out of earshot. If you do it around the person, you open yourself up to getting hurt.

I'm those people that step back and not get into a violent agreement situation, Each person is differnt. I'm one of those people that doesn't back myself up and let others run me down. It's like walking down the street, I always move out of other peoples way and they end up walking and not moving out of the way. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, killamch89 said:

When people try that I usually start questioning them as to what is their justification for talking down to me - what makes you so superior? I find that a lot of people shut up almost immediately.

Exactly, you get to find out in the end that don't even have anything that makes them better than you are but just being an a** trying to run your confidence down. 

11 hours ago, Grungie said:

I usually only talk down to people who instigated it with me. 9 times out of 10, they usually don't actually know what they're talking about, and I do.

They are just sore losers looking for a way to make themselves look bigger than they are by attacking other people's confidence. When you hit them right back, they run back into their shells. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

They are just sore losers looking for a way to make themselves look bigger than they are by attacking other people's confidence. When you hit them right back, they run back into their shells. 

Most of the people I meet like that are usually cocky over a niche topic that people generally have surface level knowledge over. Since they have above average knowledge over it, they’re usually flaunting it, until they meet someone that knows more than they do.

13 hours ago, Grungie said:

Most of the people I meet like that are usually cocky over a niche topic that people generally have surface level knowledge over. Since they have above average knowledge over it, they’re usually flaunting it, until they meet someone that knows more than they do.

That's very correct. I have an experience with one guy in his forum. When I put out all the facts I have on the subject we had a rift in, he banned me from the forum. I couldn't stop laughing at his weakness.