Register Now
m76

Good bad games

11 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Okay. The saga edition is different from the normal one? I never took note of it. Av been playing the saga edition so I knew it has no end, now hearing someone talking about completing the game was really confusing for me.

When you go to play store you'll see different options of it. But the Candy crush Saga is one notable choice for gamers, it has no limit. 

I've been meaning to reply to this thread, since i played a ton of games to fall under this category. Since each entry is going to take me quite a while i'll just do one game at a time, whenever i have some spare time. I'll just start with one of the first games that came to my mind :

WorldNeverland- Elnea Kingdom (Nintendo Switch 2018)

zv3w2j3.jpg

Alright where do i even start with this game, it's a bit after 6pm on a sunny friday evening, got nothing planned so let me grab a beer as i am typing this. 

Wtf is this shit i hear you saying, well World neverland is a long running series of life simulation games with farming/rpg elements that up until 2018 never saw life outside of japan. If you read any of my posts, you gotta know by now that i really like my japanese stuff and offcourse life simulation games aka games you play for way too long for your own good. I'm just going to talk about the game above since it's the only one in english and while they are on my to buy list i've only fucked around a bit with one game on the dreamcast.

I'm pretty sure this came out on mobile as a free to play game, i'm not sure how that version is so i'm going to stick with the 29,99 switch version well on the eshop it is that price. If you want it physical no doubt going to cost more but is it worth it. Man already this much text and i haven't gotten around to the game itself yet. 

I'll admit the game looks like shit, think maybe a ds game, gameplay wise their isen't much going on, you press a button to do an action and that's it. However let that not fool you because there is a lot to like here, you start out as a traveller and your goal is to become a citizen of the kingdom. The game holds your hand here for now so you know what you are doing since it plays out pretty much as tutorial you can't possible fail. Making friends is quite easy just by talking to them a few times they are your friends, you can even have best friends and offcourse you can get married with i'd suggest a character of your age, you age 3 times as fast a we are. After you become a permanent citizen you can pretty much become what you want, altough it's take a damn long time. Like i started out as farmer and had the possibilty to become head of the farmers since i had the highest score of any of the farmers for that year, instead i choose to become a guardsmen and set my goal towards becoming head of the imperial knights, a year later my wife also become an imperial knight which i tought was a cool thing. By this time i was maxed out in pretty much anything and wasted about 150 hours of my life and since i had 3 kids, i decided to take over as my son, the cool thing here is that all your belongings are passed over to your kid and while it's funny you pretty much have a kid that can one hit kill anything in most dungeons. I tought it was cool to see that my original character did his own thing after that, i never got around seeing him die because you know i wasted enough time already.

There are several jobs you can do like become member of the mountain corps, become a priest, hell you can even become king or queen how many hours that would take that i don't know guess i won't find out until i try but the question is should i.

All in all i've put about 220 hours into World neverland, there is a lot that games like story of seasons  should take note off, your character dies of old age, you can play as your kids, become whoever you want, pretty much building your own dynasty and let's face this offers a potential of unlimited gameplay. i'm out now let's go grab another beer and if you make it this far thank you for reading and enjoy the weekend. Man i'm 4 days off work, even tough i shoulden't dare i gave world neverland another go in the upcoming days.

if you're interested i'll just post the switch trailer :

Edited by Yaramaki

Time for one more i always like bringing this game up, because it's the last game in what once was a legendary series. So it's time for some nostalgia.

Import Tuner Challenge / Shutokou Battle X (2006 Xbox 360)

SIfTj1K.jpg

First thing i need to get out of the way this is not a need for speed underground clone, the Shutokou Battle series has been around since 1994. If you don't know what i'm talking about maybe tokyo extreme racer or tokyo highway challenge may ring a bell. There is also street supremacy on the psp which is exellent that is also part of this series. Several different publishers published the games hence the different names. Also why they diden't went with the japanese cover is beyond me as it looks so much better.

And here we are released in 2006 and published by ubisoft, yep back in the day ubisoft were willing to take a chance on something risky, they weren't afraid to release a few stinkers here and there. Is import tuner challenge a stinker, i'm going to say no it's not, is it a good game well that's up for debate.

The game is your standard affair you start with a beginner car and beat rivals in turn you earn money to upgrade your car. Their is a story but all in all it's forgettable. The main objection is to beat all the racers in a gang and then take on their leader and if you win, you get their car. You drive around tokyo's various highways challenging various racers, earning some money upgrading your car rince and repeat for most people that sounds boring and i'll admit it is.

Let's start with the good stuff import tuner challenge has by far the best car customization i have ever seen in a racing game, literally anything can be changed and upgraded towards different levels. The car selection is jdm cars only but that's not a bad thing imo, all the tuning parts are real licensed from various brands, you can put stickers on your car to make it look unique but eh why should you do that.

Gameplay wise i had to replay it a bit since it's been so long, the driving is just not fun anymore, you can beat the ai so easy, even if they have the faster car you can just block them the entire "race".  You win when you're opponent is a certain distance behind. Graphics i can look past it it's a 16 year old game after all but it sure as hell hasen't aged very well. The environment look bland and uninspired, there isen't a whole lot of traffic and you race always in the dark.

Why do i bring this game up, i had a lot of fun with import tuner challenge when it first came out, was it a good game when it released maybe not, is it bad game i'll say i've played worse. 

I just wanted to highlight the last game released in a once great series, it probably diden't help that it was 360 only and by 2006 a lot of the once populair tuning scene was in serious decline. It also marked the end of smaller racing game series, because let's face it it's just gran turismo, forza, grid, dirt whatever licensed game like f1/wrc these days there is no more room for niche racing games in todays market.

Should you go grab this, maybe if you see it a flea market orso for a few bucks pick it up and put it out if it's mysery. Otherwise no it sells for quite a bit of money on ebay. The japanese version is quite sought after aswell i've seen it going near the 100$ mark, no before you ask i did not pay that much.

Edited by Yaramaki