Register Now
Jayson

Shopping at 1 Dollar Stores

There are several chains in the US like Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Dollar General.  Do you shop there often?  What do you get?  Do you feel that everything isn't priced at a dollar as much as it seems it should be?  How do you compare these stores to bigger ones?

I shop there. They're just as good as anywhere else, and cheaper as well. There's a Dollar General no more than a mile from my house. It's a great place to pick stuff up when you need it.

But it seems that you look down on people who shop there by the tone of your questions.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, The Blackangel said:

I shop there. They're just as good as anywhere else, and cheaper as well. There's a Dollar General no more than a mile from my house. It's a great place to pick stuff up when you need it.

But it seems that you look down on people who shop there by the tone of your questions.

Interesting I did not find Jayson to be looking down on people who shop there by the tone of this questions. 
It is not convenient to shop at the dollar stop because there is not one super close to where I live. 
I have been to them before however and they are great to shop at if you need certain stuff. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:25 PM, Altair said:

Interesting I did not find Jayson to be looking down on people who shop there by the tone of this questions. 
It is not convenient to shop at the dollar stop because there is not one super close to where I live. 
I have been to them before however and they are great to shop at if you need certain stuff. 

Why would people assume that?   Anyway, nowadays, The Dollar Tree has dollar products at $1.25, obviously because of the inflation.   Anyway, that's just business they have to do to operate.

Edited by Jayson

Hard to shop in those stores if I'm in GBP and good six hours flight away 😜 Still, I can shop online from the UK right 😛 

We do have poundland and whatnot that sells things as cheap as a pound, but I never go to those stores. Most of the products are crap and cheap and no point. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, Heatman said:

There services is even better than most stores, if care isn't taken, they offer better services in terms of price than Amazon. 

On 4/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, Justin11 said:

I love shopping from a foreign store, more of digital products and not physical products due to shipment issues. 

What the hell are you both talking about ? you guys do know what a dollar store is right ?

55 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

@kingpotato I believe it is similar to what Walmart, Alibaba, Amazon offers. So, I'm trying to elaborate further to @Heatman about my dissatisfaction at times when it comes to buying products online. 

Okay let me clarify then, Dollar stores are usually physical stores in the US were they usually sell cheap stuff, not at the same level as walmart or amazon. As you can tell by the name the price of the items here are around 1 US dollar. I believe most dollar stores do have online shopping but people usually buy at the store rather than online. Again what they sell here is usually cheap stuff so its not exactly a place to buy groceries.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Okay let me clarify then, Dollar stores are usually physical stores in the US were they usually sell cheap stuff, not at the same level as walmart or amazon. As you can tell by the name the price of the items here are around 1 US dollar. I believe most dollar stores do have online shopping but people usually buy at the store rather than online. Again what they sell here is usually cheap stuff so its not exactly a place to buy groceries.

Thanks for the clarification potatoe, I've learn how dollar stores operate in the united states. If I may ask, do you live in the U.S? Have you tried buying from any dollar store before? 

Dollar Tree and Dollar General tend to sell their stuff at or around $1. Dollar Tree sticks to that much more than Dollar General. But at those two stores you can get stuff a lot cheaper than you can get it at places like Walmart or Target. I enjoy shopping at them simply because their stuff sells for so much less. You aren't going to find a pack of 10 pens for $1 anywhere else. And if 7 of them don't work for shit, you really haven't lost much of anything because 3 still do their job.

Also if I remember right, @kingpotato is Jamaican.

19 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Dollar Tree and Dollar General tend to sell their stuff at or around $1. Dollar Tree sticks to that much more than Dollar General. But at those two stores you can get stuff a lot cheaper than you can get it at places like Walmart or Target. I enjoy shopping at them simply because their stuff sells for so much less. You aren't going to find a pack of 10 pens for $1 anywhere else. And if 7 of them don't work for shit, you really haven't lost much of anything because 3 still do their job.

Also if I remember right, @kingpotato is Jamaican.

Sorry nowhere near Jamaica xD

Mexican and I live near the US border