Register Now
Jayson

What brand/make of vehicle do you drive?

6 hours ago, Empire said:

It's an Ford fusion, 208 model that's lke 14 hours old now with 98K on the clock 

I knew it it was Ford even though the logo was a bit blurry, it's one of the car's logo that's unique in its own way. It's still a good car. 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, The Blackangel said:

I dreamed about owning that car for 35 years. Last October (2021) i went to Indiana and got her. We drove home in her and loved every second of it. She was in the shop for a while getting some things taken care of. All that's left is an alignment and tires, and I can license her. So I have to come up with almost $600 for all that. I've been looking around for what I could sell or pawn, and honestly can't find anything that I would honestly be willing to part with to get the money.

I finally got my baby licensed yesterday. I stayed out for several hours just enjoying my time with her. I love that damn car.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:06 AM, The Blackangel said:

I finally got my baby licensed yesterday. I stayed out for several hours just enjoying my time with her. I love that damn car.

Congratulations my dear. My brother failed 3 times trying to get his driving license. I used to laugh myself out over it. 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

I do gotta say i've always had a soft spot for those late 80 ies american muscle cars there is just something special about them and you know hopefully you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's always nice to hear when somebody dreams about something for so long and then finally decides to pull to trigger and being able to get it. 

I'd personally would love to have a  Subaru impreza wrx sti (the 05/06 model) someday, but the fact a lot of older cars are banned from the big cities over here makes it hard to use as a daily drive that and the fact their is no subaru dailership near me makes and i know jack shit about cars myself to fix something myself.

I've been thinking about getting 2014 model ford mustang to use as a daily drive but with fuel prices as high as they are right now i can't see it happing unfortantly, it woulden't be wise to spend 30k on a used car while my current car can probably last atleast another 5 years.

I get a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of the car. @Rain Dew says it's probably a mid life crisis kind of thing. She may be right, I don't know. But I'm not going to be able to drive her for a while. Gas broke $4 a few days ago. The last I saw it was $4.19 per gallon. And considering that the Camaro is a bit of a gas hog, I simply can't afford to take her out anywhere. If I was to hit a multi million dollar lottery, things would be different. I could driver her all I wanted. But gas is keeping me home unless I absolutely have no choice but to get out. Hell for soda we're ordering it from pizza places like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. It's $3.50 per 2 liter bottle, but that's cheaper than going to the store and spending $1.70 per bottle when you figure in the gas. Hell cab rides have tripled in price here due to the price of gas. Bus fare has gone up too. Everyone is suffering. ANd here where I live, supposedly we have the cheapest gas in the nation. $4.19, and we have the cheapest gas. I put premium in my car, and that's almost $5. Diesel is over $5, so I feel sorry for anyone that drives a diesel. I actually just checked, and we're in 4th place by 7 cents when it comes to cheapest gas. Oddly enough, Kansas is in first place. But this is averages, not exact prices. As expected, California is the most expensive. Travel, for everyone is out until gas goes down. But that's nowhere on the horizon at the moment.

I'm just curious how it is in other countries. @Shagger @Crazycrab can you guys weigh in on this? I don't know where everyone is, but I know you guys are in Scotland. Anyone from a country other than America, I want to hear about your gas prices too.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

I'd personally would love to have a  Subaru impreza wrx sti (the 05/06 model) someday, but the fact a lot of older cars are banned from the big cities over here makes it hard to use as a daily drive that and the fact their is no subaru dailership near me makes and i know jack shit about cars myself to fix something myself.

Almost forgot, I had to look up that Subaru. It's a sweet ride. There's not a lot of Subaru dealers here, but there are a few. Something like that though, you would probably have to order it, because I'm absolutely positive that they won't be keeping them on the lot.

52 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I get a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of the car. @Rain Dew says it's probably a mid life crisis kind of thing. She may be right, I don't know. But I'm not going to be able to drive her for a while. Gas broke $4 a few days ago. The last I saw it was $4.19 per gallon. And considering that the Camaro is a bit of a gas hog, I simply can't afford to take her out anywhere. If I was to hit a multi million dollar lottery, things would be different. I could driver her all I wanted. But gas is keeping me home unless I absolutely have no choice but to get out. Hell for soda we're ordering it from pizza places like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. It's $3.50 per 2 liter bottle, but that's cheaper than going to the store and spending $1.70 per bottle when you figure in the gas. Hell cab rides have tripled in price here due to the price of gas. Bus fare has gone up too. Everyone is suffering. ANd here where I live, supposedly we have the cheapest gas in the nation. $4.19, and we have the cheapest gas. I put premium in my car, and that's almost $5. Diesel is over $5, so I feel sorry for anyone that drives a diesel. I actually just checked, and we're in 4th place by 7 cents when it comes to cheapest gas. Oddly enough, Kansas is in first place. But this is averages, not exact prices. As expected, California is the most expensive. Travel, for everyone is out until gas goes down. But that's nowhere on the horizon at the moment.

I'm just curious how it is in other countries. @Shagger @Crazycrab can you guys weigh in on this? I don't know where everyone is, but I know you guys are in Scotland. Anyone from a country other than America, I want to hear about your gas prices too.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but it does make me laugh when Americans complain about fuel prices.  It's one of the cheapest places in the developed world to fill up yet you guys seem to complain more than anyone!  Right now petrol is about £1.60 per litre at ASDA (our equivalent to Wal-Mart).  I've done the conversion and that's the equivalent of nearly $9 a gallon!  Diesel is $9.70 a gallon, you yanks are friggin lucky!

Despite this the taste in vehicles around here are becoming more "American", at least in semi-rural areas like mine.  Big pickups and muscle cars were a very rare thing untill maybe 10 years ago and now their pretty common.  I'm not really sure what prompted this, maybe it's all those dumb movies you keep making 😆!

2 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not trying to be an ass here but it does make me laugh when Americans complain about fuel prices.  It's one of the cheapest places in the developed world to fill up yet you guys seem to complain more than anyone!  Right now petrol is about £1.60 per litre at ASDA (our equivalent to Wal-Mart).  I've done the conversion and that's the equivalent of nearly $9 a gallon!  Diesel is $9.70 a gallon, you yanks are friggin lucky!

When you're used to prices that hover around $2 and suddenly it doubles, or triples, that's when we start complaining. As for the movies, I think you are getting into the muscle cars due to one simple shitty franchise: Fast and the Furious. As for the trucks, it's probably just seeing them in random TV shows. We take an ordinary pickup, put it on a 6" lift kit, stick some super swampers one it, and tear up the road. But you see that kind of thing more among rednecks than anyone.

And you Brits are still calling us yankees? Come on, it's been 250 years. Get over it.😁

59 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Despite this the taste in vehicles around here are becoming more "American", at least in semi-rural areas like mine.  Big pickups and muscle cars were a very rare thing untill maybe 10 years ago and now their pretty common.  I'm not really sure what prompted this, maybe it's all those dumb movies you keep making 😆!

Both our gas came from dinosaurs, I don't know why the price is different. Are you saying your dinosaurs were better than ours? 😀

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Both our gas came from dinosaurs, I don't know why the price is different. Are you saying your dinosaurs were better than ours? 😀

Maybe they are 😂. Your own dinosaurs makes use of cesarean operation when giving birth while others give birth naturally 😂