Register Now
Techno

Russia Invaded Ukraine

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Russian troops are seizing the Chernobyl power plant too according to Ukraine president. What is their intention at that hazardous site? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-troops-chernobyl-nuclear-plant-ukraine/

Here's a theory: Russian forces were pushed into Pripyat and a battle happened there. I think they captured it as a FOB, I have no sources for this theory, but I'd call it the most logical. Why they even want to use it as a FOB? You got me there.

Ukraine marine a hero for giving his life to blow up a bridge to slow Russian tanks. The ultimate sacrifice for your country. We can't honor every soldier and civilian, but at least we can honor some in solidarity. I know there are conflicts all around the world and so many heroes that gave their life and my thoughts go out to all of them. This shit just does not have to happen. 

https://www.abc27.com/russia-ukraine-conflict/ukraine-military-soldier-blew-himself-up-on-bridge-to-halt-russian-advance/

2984d5c217ecc96622035e8648b83f8b.jpeg.23ac82193d49a358fc1d782252a553c5.jpeg

Well, the thing is, Russia had a verbal promise from the Bush administration (the first one) to "not expand NATO".  They broke it in a big way.  Nonetheless, though, what good is independence for Ukraine or other smaller nations in comparison to Russia, if they don't have a right to say no to Russia?

Anyway, I don't think the Democratic party in the US wants Russia as a world power despite its vast resources, nuclear arsenal and size.

Now, of course, war is horrible, but shouldn't policymakers from the US from Bush to Clinton, not expanded NATO?  Was that rubbing it in on the part of Cold War victory?

Edited by Jayson

12 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, the thing is, Russia had a verbal promise from the Bush administration (the first one) to "not expand NATO".  They broke it in a big way.  Nonetheless, though, what good is independence for Ukraine or other smaller nations in comparison to Russia, if they don't have a right to say no to Russia?

Anyway, I don't think the Democratic party in the US wants Russia as a world power despite its vast resources, nuclear arsenal and size.

Now, of course, war is horrible, but shouldn't policymakers from the US from Bush to Clinton, not expanded NATO?  Was that rubbing it in on the part of Cold War victory?

Take your pro putinism and shove it. Ukraine isn’t even a part of NATO. They hold observer status. And that doesn’t give Russia the right to invade another country. Russia is part of the CSTO or Collective Security Treaty Organization as a counter to NATO. Ukraine used to be a part of CSTO but suspended membership and along with other post Soviet Union countries formed the GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development as a counter to Russia’s influence of CSTO. The CSTO has been accepting members of observer status over the years just as NATO has. Ukraine has all the right as a country to observe NATO. How dare another country tell them they can't and then invade them for it. Meanwhile Russia threatens other countries for having an interest in NATO, at the same time accepts observer status in CSTO. There is a reason why countries would rather be a part of NATO then deal with Russia and whatever organization its a part of.  And that's because Russia wants to gain control of the old Soviet countries. 

52 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

What is the goal of Belarus to invade? We know they are in an authoritarian regime too like Russia. 

Honestly mate, I have no clue. My guess would be an alliance, like Nazi Germany and the USSR invading Poland.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Why is Russia in Chernobyl? It’s a contaminant power plant and pretty much an exclusion zone. 

To take control of C-Consciousness and manipulate the noosphere, of course. But yeah it does seem really weird.

Edited by ShipmateMoon

Just now, ShipmateMoon said:

To manipulate the noosphere, of course. But yeah it does seem really weird.

Now that my brain cell turned into two, I might have a actual explanation. There are likely some remaining material that would be very good for nuclear bombs. Nuclear bombs which Russia seems to be very interested in.

It's tough to have a democratically elected leader who is also strong and non-corrupt, well non-corrupt in some senses.  Now, both Russia and the Ukraine are accused of having governments that are not democratic in some sense.   They both have their arguments for why they think they are correct on things.

Nowadays, people are looking on the surface - and obviously see a country being invaded.   However, Russia sees the invasion like someone stopping Germany in 1933.  Well, that's the case with invasions as nobody believes they are the bad guy.

1 hour ago, Jayson said:

It's tough to have a democratically elected leader who is also strong and non-corrupt, well non-corrupt in some senses.  Now, both Russia and the Ukraine are accused of having governments that are not democratic in some sense.   They both have their arguments for why they think they are correct on things.

Nowadays, people are looking on the surface - and obviously see a country being invaded.   However, Russia sees the invasion like someone stopping Germany in 1933.  Well, that's the case with invasions as nobody believes they are the bad guy.

Let me clear this up for you, Putin invaded another country. They have attacked nuclear sites and are under investigation of war crimes. It’s only been a week. You keep trying to justify Russia’s attack. Let’s be honest with ourselves. Do you support Russia in this? 

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Let me clear this up for you, Putin invaded another country. They have attacked nuclear sites and are under investigation of war crimes. It’s only been a week. You keep trying to justify Russia’s attack. Let’s be honest with ourselves. Do you support Russia in this? 

Well, I'm not justifying Russia.  However, sometimes authoritarians have to be dealt with in a détente matter.  For instance, in the Cold War, a lot of presidents didn't really like Khrushchev and the others, but the best choice to them was engaging.   Well, with the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, we boycotted the Olympics, but it didn't seem like much else was done.

Edited by Jayson

2 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, I'm not justifying Russia.  However, sometimes authoritarians have to be dealt with in a détente matter.  For instance, in the Cold War, a lot of presidents didn't really like Khrushchev and the others, but the best choice to them was engaging.   Well, with the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, we boycotted the Olympics, but it didn't seem like much else was done.

Actually, the USA engaged in a covert operation- Operation Cyclone to help Afghans fight the Soviets, and back and forth it went as the Soviets aided N. Vietnam in the Vietnam war as well as N. Korea in the Korean war.