Register Now
Techno

Russia Invaded Ukraine

12 minutes ago, m76 said:

The russian citizens did not want to attack ukraine, punishing them will only make them turn away from the west and become ultra nationalists. It is insanity. We want the Russian people on our side, not on Putin's.

NO, Putin is making them ultra nationalists by his attack and threatening his own citizens with imprisonment and brutality. Russian citizens are already either Putin supporters or Alexei Navalny supporters who Putin poisoned and jailed. 

I don't get why Russia cannot be a democracy like Germany.    Why do you all feel there is such an obstacle to it?  Well, officially Russia is a democracy and at least for a long time it has been open to the world, like China. I mean, Russians can leave, foreigners can visit Russia etc.

Edited by Jayson

On 3/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

NO, Putin is making them ultra nationalists by his attack and threatening his own citizens with imprisonment and brutality. Russian citizens are already either Putin supporters or Alexei Navalny supporters who Putin poisoned and jailed. 

Vladimir Putin is one of meanest and coldest President of Russia that I have ever seen. When he's out for something, he's seeing it out. 

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if attacking Ukraine wasn't a false flag operation to provoke a response from NATO / West. And as soon as they have their assassination of Franz Ferdinand, Winnie the Pooh will jump in on the side of russia against the "Western  aggressors"

On 3/18/2022 at 6:49 AM, Boblee said:

There was an update that the power plant went offline at one point and it's something that's very dangerous. 

Turns out now that several hundred Russian soldiers have acute radiation sickness for digging trenches in the radiated 'red forest'. That's just senseless and out right stupid for their commanders to dance around in the exclusion zone. I would hate to be a Russian soldier following orders of sociopaths. 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/russian-troops-withdrawn-from-chernobyl-with-radiation-sickness-report/

They knew following such lane gonna be damaging to them. I read the article, it's just sad for them suffering radiation illness. I think the God of Ukrainians is at work, that's why the Russian troops couldn't match into Ukraine following the forest route. 

From what I understand, the people of Ukraine had absolutely no warning of the invasion coming. Just all of a sudden there were Russian troops everywhere and planes flying overhead dropping bombs on everything. How many civilians are dead? I don't think there even is a count at this point. So many have been displaced and so many are simply unaccounted for, that trying to count is completely pointless right now. I know a lot have fled to Poland. I'm sure many others have fled to countries like Belarus and Moldova. President Zelenskyy is trying to be diplomatic, but his words are falling on deaf ears within the Russian government, and also within a portion of Russian civilians.

Like a lot of people here, I have changed my avatar on a lot of things to the Ukrainian flag to show my support of them. It will obviously get changed back at some point, but for now it's going to remain.

A lot of the claims made by Putin are not provable.   Nonetheless, tons of Russians have bought into it, just like some on the American far-right.  Of course, something not provable could be correct, we just don't have enough evidence.

Edited by Jayson

On 3/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Boblee said:

Vladimir Putin is one of meanest and coldest President of Russia that I have ever seen. When he's out for something, he's seeing it out. 

Russian leaders have always been very bad for the world. There is no difference between Stalin and Hitler, the only thing that helped Stalin was he fought long side Allied forces.

On 4/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, Jayson said:

A lot of the claims made by Putin are not provable.   Nonetheless, tons of Russians have bought into it, just like some on the American far-right.  Of course, something not provable could be correct, we just don't have enough evidence.

I think that Vladimir Putin have always had the agenda on ground to invade Ukraine 🇺🇦 but was lacking enough reason to do so until now. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that Vladimir Putin have always had the agenda on ground to invade Ukraine 🇺🇦 but was lacking enough reason to do so until now. 

He still doesn't have enough reason to do it. Unless he had intelligence that was 100% trustworthy that told him Ukraine was planning an attack on Russia, then he had no reason whatsoever to pull this. But Russian intelligence is typically not trustworthy. Like the rest of the citizens of Russia, they're afraid of Putin. So they probably just tell him what he wants to hear. In a regime like that, you really don't have many options. Unless you want to die a torturous death.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

He still doesn't have enough reason to do it. Unless he had intelligence that was 100% trustworthy that told him Ukraine was planning an attack on Russia, then he had no reason whatsoever to pull this. But Russian intelligence is typically not trustworthy. Like the rest of the citizens of Russia, they're afraid of Putin. So they probably just tell him what he wants to hear. In a regime like that, you really don't have many options. Unless you want to die a torturous death.

I completely agree with you on that about the Russian citizens being afraid of their President Vladimir Putin. I'm not a Russian but my God, the man creeps me out. 

On 4/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, The Blackangel said:

Vladimir rules Russia with a firm hand. Over 4300 people were arrested over their anti war protest in Russia.