Register Now
Knight Plug

Two Capcom franchises that should come back...

It's quite possible Dino Crisis at least may make a return given the overwhelming success of Resident Evil in recent years. On the other hand, why compete with yourself by bringing back another survival horror game (see Electronic Arts releasing Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 in the same week, doing neither any favours). Onimusha: Warlords, a 2019 remaster of the original, may have been put out to test the waters and see if fans actually want another Onimusha. For all we know both are in development but they're keeping schtum about it.

But this is your thread OP, why do you want them back? ^^

6 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

It's quite possible Dino Crisis at least may make a return given the overwhelming success of Resident Evil in recent years. On the other hand, why compete with yourself by bringing back another survival horror game (see Electronic Arts releasing Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 in the same week, doing neither any favours). Onimusha: Warlords, a 2019 remaster of the original, may have been put out to test the waters and see if fans actually want another Onimusha. For all we know both are in development but they're keeping schtum about it.

But this is your thread OP, why do you want them back? ^^

Dino Crisis was a very underrated series in my opinion. It's too bad that games like Arc and Jurassic Park are around - I wouldn't mind a dino-thriller with similar mechanics but with better camera angles and shooting/aiming mechanics. Onimusha is a game I also played a lot growing up with the first few on the PS1/PS2 and later on GBA. Onimusha has been overshadowed by games like Devil May Cry unfortunately and has never really been able to escape that shadow either.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Dino Crisis was a very underrated series in my opinion. It's too bad that games like Arc and Jurassic Park are around - I wouldn't mind a dino-thriller with similar mechanics but with better camera angles and shooting/aiming mechanics. Onimusha is a game I also played a lot growing up with the first few on the PS1/PS2 and later on GBA. Onimusha has been overshadowed by games like Devil May Cry unfortunately and has never really been able to escape that shadow either.

You're very correct with that assessment about how hard it's going to be for Onimusha to step out of the shadows of games like Devil May Cry. They gave more attention to Devil May Cry.