Register Now
StaceyPowers

What improvements would make followers easier to manage in Elder Scrolls and Fallout?

Yeah I think there could be a lot of work done to make your followers work better. The AI was kinda crap in those games, so it's to be expected. I think simply connecting that NPC to you, would work. But that's because of their game engine. I think they've worked a lot on that engine, or even replaced it, so maybe your NPC follower will do better in a future game. 

On 2/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I think there could be a lot of work done to make your followers work better. The AI was kinda crap in those games, so it's to be expected. I think simply connecting that NPC to you, would work. But that's because of their game engine. I think they've worked a lot on that engine, or even replaced it, so maybe your NPC follower will do better in a future game. 

Yeah they should change the engine altoguether, the problem with followers in Elder scrolls and Fallout is that the followers basically act the same way as regular NPCs so thats why they are so dumb. A feature that I would like to see is to change the battle status of your follower, as in agressive, passive or defensive. Thats the one thing I hated about having followers around when I wanted to do some stealth killing in Skyrim, fucking Lydia always revealed our position if I missed an arrow.