Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is your least favourite thing about your favourite game?

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

As a Metal Gear fan, I always wonder how the hell a moving cardboard box never draws any kind of suspicion from enemies? How is hiding under a cardboard box the most effective way to sneak around...

Hmm, it ought to generate noise, if it is in real-life, the enemies would've spotted you on time and shooting you immediately, that's crazy way indeed sneaking away from enemies in the game. 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:05 AM, Family sedan said:

In GT 6 the '62 Buick Special should not cost $725,000.  In previous GT games it cost around 100 grand, what gives?  I love '62 Buicks as much as anyone, but I think it's insane to pay $725,000 for one, especially when it cost far less in previous GT games.  What the hell Polyphony?

I've noticed this to be a trend in racing games and especially forza horizon it's noticeable, there are cars that cost 15 million credits, you can never gather that much credits  even by winning all the races. You can either win some trough a wheelspin if you're lucky or you have to grind countless hours. I get a ferrari 250 gto or a mclaren f1 just to name a few are amongst the rarest cars in the world, but they shoulden't be unobtainable in a video game. 

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I've noticed this to be a trend in racing games and especially forza horizon it's noticeable, there are cars that cost 15 million credits, you can never gather that much credits  even by winning all the races. You can either win some trough a wheelspin if you're lucky or you have to grind countless hours. I get a ferrari 250 gto or a mclaren f1 just to name a few are amongst the rarest cars in the world, but they shoulden't be unobtainable in a video game. 

Well, I'd be happy if real life car values were reflected.  What does it actually cost to resto-mod a '62 Buick Special.  Another thing is the '67 Foyt-Gurney GT40 Mk. 4 shouldn't be obtainable at any price, there was only one of it.  You should be able to get the more obscure yellow GT40 from the '67 running of the Le Mans 24 Hours.  I'm okay with World Rally cars being available for sale because I want rally remaining relevant.  I've ranted long enough, but I'm saying that games should make car values more realistic.

On 4/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I didn't get to playing GT 6, I'll say the price of '62 Buick Special in the game is outrageous. If that's a real amount paid, then it is definitely insane, and i don't think any video company will charge such kind of amount. 

I'm a Chevy/ GM fan and Buick is part of GM.  I'm pretty sure the most valuable '62 Buick Special on Earth could maybe sell for $75,000 in real life and that's with a lot of mods.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:05 AM, Family sedan said:

In GT 6 the '62 Buick Special should not cost $725,000.  In previous GT games it cost around 100 grand, what gives?  I love '62 Buicks as much as anyone, but I think it's insane to pay $725,000 for one, especially when it cost far less in previous GT games.  What the hell Polyphony?

There wasn't any upgrade on it or anything to inflate the price to that amount. It was really off by all means. 

21 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

I know that in GT 6 the '62 Buick Special costs $725,000.  I forget what it costs in say GT4, but I believe it's around $75,000.

What you said is correct, if credits can be exchanged in same equivalent to USD via GT 6. At GT 6, 62 Buick Special is valued at 725,000 points. 

Edited by Justin11