Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you play online games to keep up with old friends?

Some gamers like to keep to themselves because of a lot of toxic gamers we meet every day online. I have meet a few of them and the good one's too. I try keeping in contact with the one's that I sync well with. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, killamch89 said:

Sometimes, I do login to Lords Mobile and contact my old guildmates via dm and it's always good to hear from them. I also have some of them on the LineApp so I can contact them outside of the game as well.

I haven't logged in my Lords Mobile game account for 4 months now. Let me even see if I can do that now and see which of my friends checked in on me. 

This thread made me curious what do you consider friends, have you met those people in real life and/or are these people you just know of by playing videogames online?

I don't know if i could call a person i just know online a friend because you can't know for sure how they are in real life, like they could be the complete opposite of what you know of them online.

I use social media to catch up with old friends. I play games with my contemporary friends. My old friends have changed a lot and we don't get along like we used in the part. My new friends share the same passion.

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

This thread made me curious what do you consider friends, have you met those people in real life and/or are these people you just know of by playing videogames online?

I don't know if i could call a person i just know online a friend because you can't know for sure how they are in real life, like they could be the complete opposite of what you know of them online.

Why do you think that I haven't made any moves towards meeting most of my online game's friends? I have trust issues and still also an introvert at that. Let me enjoy my lone space please. 

10 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

Why do you think that I haven't made any moves towards meeting most of my online game's friends? I have trust issues and still also an introvert at that. Let me enjoy my lone space please. 

Hey now dude where did i attack you, please point it out to me because i diden't and why do you even feel offended in the first place? 

Did you even read my post because an "online friend" to me is something else then a person you know in real life.

16 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I use social media to catch up with old friends. I play games with my contemporary friends. My old friends have changed a lot and we don't get along like we used in the part. My new friends share the same passion.

It depends on the social media platform for me. I don't take users seriously on Facebook because a lot of crazy people are in that place. If it's Instagram or Twitter, the better for me. For gaming, Discord works better. 

23 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

A lot of toxic people are online because that's where they get to show their might. Also, a lot of them are just pretenders and all live fake lives. They aren't worth it most of the time. 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:03 PM, Yaramaki said:

Hey now dude where did i attack you, please point it out to me because i diden't and why do you even feel offended in the first place? 

Did you even read my post because an "online friend" to me is something else then a person you know in real life.

You must have misunderstood me. I never felt attacked by you nor am I retaliating. I was merely trying to be say that I don't have much faith in people I meet online because most of them can't be trusted. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You must have misunderstood me. I never felt attacked by you nor am I retaliating. I was merely trying to be say that I don't have much faith in people I meet online because most of them can't be trusted. 

Nevermind my man, i thought for a second you felt attacked because of my comment my apoligies. Well Not everyone you meet on the internet are shady individuals, the problem is that you never hear about good things that happen between people on the internet but instead always the bad. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

A lot of toxic people are online because that's where they get to show their might. Also, a lot of them are just pretenders and all live fake lives. They aren't worth it most of the time. 

The way you start off with me will always show if a sign if you are worth it or just a waste of my time. If the latter is the case, I walk immediately. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

The way you start off with me will always show if a sign if you are worth it or just a waste of my time. If the latter is the case, I walk immediately. 

That's very correct. There's no point trying to wait too long and get to experience everything before you know they are problems cooking on their own. 

No, so many of my friends don't have  time for online gaming including me.. Sometimes I only plays with available competitors online when I am bored.

As friends we do organise gaming competition Most time , This is mostly offline.

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Nevermind my man, i thought for a second you felt attacked because of my comment my apoligies. Well Not everyone you meet on the internet are shady individuals, the problem is that you never hear about good things that happen between people on the internet but instead always the bad. 

Not at all, I never felt so. Yeah, like I said most of them are the bad eggs which makes it very difficult to find the right one's but I'm very sure they exist.