Register Now
StaceyPowers

Open world game you’ve liked more the longer you played them?

In away yes and no, DayZ is a very good open world game and after awhile once you played hours on end and build your person/base up - That's it, Gets boring after that. Witcher3 has huge surprises in regards to where the story goes near the endgame and particularly going into the expansions, but thats in terms of story and setting. MAhhh, spend hundreds of hours doing exactly the same thing, while occasionally, very rarely you unlock something that actually makes a difference in gameplay, i don't fault people for stopping, i was almost one of them but in the end i managed to struggle through the monotonous combat and find the second wind in the story and love it till i finished everything.

No matter how interesting and open world game night seem, I won't over play it. If I do I will dislike playing it, no pleasure will there again for me to carry on. It happened to me playing Legend of Zelda, A.C, Dead standing etc. Which made those games being sidelined till today, I over played them. 

I guess the answer for me is every open world game, at first it doesen't really grip my attention but once you get better gear/ level up a few times and are free to roam by doing side activities/quest i get more and more invested.

I'm currently playing greedfall at first i tought what i'm i playing, but after you leave the first city the game really opens up, while not a triple a game by any means it has enough lore and things to do to play through the entire game. Game is more like a B movie though 😊

Moderator Note: Slight edit per OP request.

Edited by The Blackangel

I'm actually going to say GTA San Andreas for this one. It's the only modern GTA title that I didn't play properly so when I tried it out on the PS4, I didn't like it. I think it was because the controls felt weird on a PS4 controller considering it was built for a PS2. But the remastered version was a lot better and I actually liked it a lot more when I played it on the Series X.

RDR2. This should be obvious for me, as I talk about it all the time. It seems all to often that I simply just cannot get away from that game. I play it constantly and love almost every second of it. I made the decision last night that when the story goes to chapter 5, I'm starting a new game. It gets too emotional for me. I finished chapter 6 last night again, and cried my eyes out watching Arthur die. I can't handle that anymore. i felt like I lost my father, brother, and best friend all in one man. I will do one more full playthrough for our gaming channel, but after that, I will never go further than Guarma, assuming I even bother with that. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but the game just breaks my heart after that.

Edited by The Blackangel

The games that definitely grew on me were Oblivion and Skyrim. Initially they seemed dull and cheesy, but the more areas I visited the more secrets I uncovered the more intriguing they become.

Preferably all open world games should get more interesting over time, and not less.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2. This should be obvious for me, as I talk about it all the time. It seems all to often that I simply just cannot get away from that game. I play it constantly and love almost every second of it. I made the decision last night that when the story goes to chapter 5, I'm starting a new game. It gets too emotional for me. I finished chapter 6 last night again, and cried my eyes out watching Arthur die. I can't handle that anymore. i felt like I lost my father, brother, and best friend all in one man. I will do one more full playthrough for our gaming channel, but after that, I will never go further than Guarma, assuming I even bother with that. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but the game just breaks my heart after that.

I've only beat the game once myself. Been meaning to re-play it anyway since I got it on PC recently. The ending is going to be rough, but I'm excited to revisit this story once again. 

Death Stranding, ironically. Loved not being in a huge rush to make it to mission to mission, and kinda of exploring the whole map set after the end of the game while trying to get every place 5-starred.