Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you like to use overpowered abilities/weapons, or do you avoid them?

Weapons that are good, even too good, aren't the issue. The issue is when the design of those weapons or abilities allows one player to lock three other players out of all the gameplay in a mission. It's only a problem if it interferes with others' ability to play the game. The objection to overpowered weapons is that they don't allow other players to actually fight the bad guys, because there are no bad guys left. The old Tonkor, Simulor, and Telos Boltace were like this; if anyone in your squad brought one, you weren't getting any kills unless you also had one, and were also faster at parkour.

I love the OP stuff, I always find it baffling when people complain about over powered builds in RPGs. Nobody is forcing you to use the OP weapon/ability all the time, you could exercise some self restraint.

When I want a different kind of challenge or cannon fodder gets boring, I'll just switch to more basic weapon in games. 

Part of the fun is to find the most effective combinations of available tools. And there is no substitute to feeling like an unstoppable force from time to time.

54 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

If a game offers me the ability, I'll use an OP weapon no problem. I think a game that comes to mind where you had some OP weapons or powers, was Prototype 1 and 2. You pretty much become an unbeatable beast after a while. 

Once in a while around video games we ought to enjoy unbeatable time against AI, and not AI becoming almost immortal against our Pro. 

Games should be made 60/40, AI takes 40% of the game's strength, while our pro takes 60%, and stronger than AIs. So, our pro wouldn't go off easily like some games are made difficult in that, the opposite characters are super strong. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The kind of weapons that I would like to make use of depends on the kind of enemies that I have to deal with. If they are too rough and tough, a better weapon is needed. 

There are some type of games where you can get the overpowered weapons. One thing I like about the OP weapons is that you become unbeatable with time.

In single player I don't like handicapping myself but if there's something which breaks the game in some way then I'd refrain from using it. Online, I try to stick to mid stuff so that I feel each of my wins and losses are fair. 

Edited by NightmareFarm