Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is it most fun to be a newbie, a powerful high level character, or something in between?

Newbie, you learn and you make mistakes to the point that you ned up dying so many times as you are working out what the X on your keyboard does. when you are an pro gamer in that game it can be boring or you have nothing else to do as you ahve just built your own world and explore everything. 

3 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Definitely a powerful veteran. I love it when games click and I just feel really badass mastering everything and feeling like i've gotten a lot better. The newbie phase is always the most awkward for me.

Very awkward indeed if you're starting as a newbie, you just described my feelings. When I started gaming, I wasn't enjoying my time playing those games I fancied alot as a starter due to lack of understanding how to apply the controller diligently as it supposed to be. 

I'd say somewhere in between, the longer you are into a game and gain more abilities the easier the game usually gets. Besides games these days throw xp like their is no tommorow so you're pretty much maxed out by two thirds of the game. It may not be best example but most ubisoft games are like that, if you do everithing along the way, you pretty have unlocked every ability and reached the max level and on the standard difficulty their games are already fairly easy.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Newbie, you learn and you make mistakes to the point that you ned up dying so many times as you are working out what the X on your keyboard does. when you are an pro gamer in that game it can be boring or you have nothing else to do as you ahve just built your own world and explore everything. 

I completely agree with you on this one. There is a level you would get to as a pro and you would feel like you already know it all and the desire will dwindle. 

As someone mentioned near the top of the post, somewhere in the middle is probably the best place to be. It's always fun to start a new game where you are right at the bottom and have to work towards the top. GTA is a pretty good example of this. And it's fun to keep growing as you become a higher level.